Trying to figure out what's wrong. Need help!

BSell

forum member
Reaction score
He noticed that the shifter is really stiff when the car is on but not in motion. It was a struggle to get it into gear. However, in motion or when the car is off it shifts fine. The clutch pedal seemed fine to him and the clutch fully engages. Needless to say he is stumped and said to take it back to the dealer, so it's off to the dealer on Thursday to get torn down again...

Warning! Warning!

The symptoms you described lead to premature synchromesh failure.

End Warning

It sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging fully, causing the synchros to work overtime, trying to match speeds. But this should happen while rolling too...weird

If the mounts were bad or missaligned, you would figure the tight shifter symptom would reappear at some point while driving...weird.

Glad the dealer will tear into it again to see what's up.

Did I miss your answer on the third clutch for your ride?

Hang in there,

Brian

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
Warning! Warning!

The symptoms you described lead to premature synchromesh failure.

End Warning

It sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging fully, causing the synchros to work overtime, trying to match speeds. But this should happen while rolling too...weird

If the mounts were bad or missaligned, you would figure the tight shifter symptom would reappear at some point while driving...weird.

Glad the dealer will tear into it again to see what's up.

Did I miss your answer on the third clutch for your ride?

Hang in there,

Brian

I have no idea. It looks like my only choice is another OEM. McLeod didn't seem real interested in spending the time to develop a unit with NVH in mind. I'm still not 100% sure if it's the clutch anyways....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back