turbo boss 323 stroker all out motor build

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
i am starting a build thread on this build and will be asking questions along the way. so far i have the boss block, 3.750 stroker crank, manley 5.850 stroker rods with arp 2000 bolts, custom cp pistons (9.3:1 with thicker side skirts for big boost) cp stainless steal file fit rings, arp main studs, arp crank bolt, arp side bolts, arp flywheel bolts, arp head studs, liver noise crank shaft scraper and drain back kit, liver noise valve springs, blow by racing stage 2 cams, hellion turbo kit, 80mm comp turbo with billet wheel, 8 bolt flywheel, tr6060 with mcleod rxt, and dynotech aluminum drive shaft. i have a few questions, what all do i need to have the machine shop do to the block before i have it built. the crank, rods, and all arp hardware are used in my other motor. also from every thing i have would you add any thing else to it or not do any thing from it. i will also be sending my heads off to the CNC shop. the other parts i will be adding is stainless intake valves, inconel exhaust valves, melling billet oil pump, king bearings, and jpc cast intake. i am looking to make 800 or so on pump gas and around 1000 on c16. would any one recommend doing the dss main support system or not. i have heard of main walk and smoking main bearings. i just want to make this thing as bullet proof as possible and ahy imput would be great. also i will be posting pics of the parts and install as i go.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good build. Good luck!

At these levels/goals have you considered e85?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Wow I just see dollar bills flying. This build will be bad ads keep us updated

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
pro-dyno

Dan and the boys are bunch of nice guy's but haven't heard much about their mod build motors, but that may be a good thing?? I am not saying they won't do a great job! Just hope you have done your research. Good luck!

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah from what I have researched power per power an e85 turbo car will be faster with the better low-mid range and the more timing you can run, Than a equal powered race gas turbo car.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
so does any one have any thing to add or do away with to the motor build
I would have the block race preped , deburred, oil passage from the pump smoothed, ect .

What brand is your crank and are the Manley rods Billet I beam or h beam. Also who is doing the heads ?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
right now i have the manley h beam rods but i want i beams. they are just too much. so right now that is my week link
Those I beams are one of the best things I bought for my car. I would have lost a block (or a cylinder)if it were not for them once. I replaced two pistons without checking the height of them and Manley had sent me the standard pistons instead of the ones for the stroker . Smacked the head pretty good and smashed the piston a little but the rod checked out perfect. I leaned then measure everything , even if replacing the same part from the same manufacturer.

As for the race prep , Im not sure on the cost . I did my own .

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting build, I would also recommend the Manely Billet I-beams for this project. Serious horsepower and boost require some serious parts, did we eve establish who was doing the headwork?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back