Twins anyone??????

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Speaking from someone that just put a bolt on turbo on his car: I had to slightly modify a few radiator hoses (2 minutes), I had to extend the maf wiring (20 minutes), I had to extend ac wiring (30 minutes), and I drilled a few holes to hold the intercooler (5 minutes). These turbos put more weight behind your front wheels where a supercharger or my turbo is on the front wheels completely. SD's twins throw down way more power for 8psi than I've seen anyone else have around here with the 3v.

Towelly: I wanted power for my stock block, I could have spent 2k less and got a roush m90 and had similar power. I still spent the extra to get the turbo and I've been to the track 1 time since the install :-(

Germeezy: Rain mode is controlled by the right foot. I'm not throwing down much power but even in 3rd gear if you slam it your ass is going to step out like an old lady walking on ice.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Ditch the Kooks and put the manifolds back on. Solid, quiet, good heat retention.

What part of "complete bolt-on installation" is not simple? Nothing gets changed. Want to take it off later and go back to stock? Unbolt it. Simple.

You quoted 10 hours for a install. That right there tells me that its slightly less than simple. When one can install a postative displacment blower in a very easy 6 hours.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
You quoted 10 hours for a install. That right there tells me that its slightly less than simple. When one can install a postative displacment blower in a very easy 6 hours.

Since you like it so much.....how about you argue this with a telephone pole? Because that's all you're doing now.....setting "pissy standards" for the sake of argument.

Bolt on whatever blower you like and I'll take the twins. Guess who's win light comes on? :evillaugh:

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Since you like it so much.....how about you argue this with a telephone pole? Because that's all you're doing now.....setting "pissy standards" for the sake of argument.

Bolt on whatever blower you like and I'll take the twins. Guess who's win light comes on? :evillaugh:

The guy with the $8,000 turbo kit or the guy with a $6,000 PD blower and $2,000 worth of suspension/rubber? I bet the outcome wouldn't be so much in your favor. We can do this all day. Not saying the twin setup isn't great. Just not my preference. I'm not setting any standards or starting a pissing match.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Turbos > Blowers

I'd easy spend the 2k more and have a sick setup like that.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
You all seen this yet? Look familiar? Is Granatelli buying these and rebandging them or copying Exiles design? Either way... :wtf1:

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

Mustang2011TwinTurboGraph.jpg

FYI, its the same price as the Exile kit and comes with supporting mod's.

Last edited:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Why don't you then? You know these kits are available for your car as well right? :highfive:

Why would you come into this thread and clutter it with your BS? There is a supercharger crew for you guys that like to make less power with more boost.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The guy with the $8,000 turbo kit or the guy with a $6,000 PD blower and $2,000 worth of suspension/rubber? I bet the outcome wouldn't be so much in your favor.
That's not a bet you should take, Slick. I'm better at this than you'll ever know.

And Granatelli did buy that kit from Exile. It's not a Granatelli design. Period. J.R. doesn't build anything himself. Everyone knows that. Just look at the power he made by tuning it himself. The guy is a joke.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
That's not a bet you should take, Slick. I'm better at this than you'll ever know.

And Granatelli did buy that kit from Exile. It's not a Granatelli design. Period. J.R. doesn't build anything himself. Everyone knows that. Just look at the power he made by tuning it himself. The guy is a joke.

I figured. I don't like Granatelli. I believe you are, I've seen you in action before. :beerdrink:

FYI, I have a URL to PM you if you want. Granatelli is saying they didn't buy a kit from Exile and that the design is all their own. Also, that its "totally" different because of the way the oil exits.. Looks like they reclocked a turbo and thats it. I am really tempted to post a video of Vanilla Ice trying to defend himself when asked if he stole the beat for Ice Ice baby....

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
twins

It never ceases to amaze me on how vendors post things and asshole's that can't afford it, or it doesn't suit their needs decide to talk crap ! Really.... grow up

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
You guys, I'm not talking shit... This kit is a good kit, just not my preference! Sheesh.. Get off my nuts.

Liquid

Reaction score
So what BOV are you using? Are you using only wastegate spring pressure?

Liquid

Reaction score
Shades, that's the first time I have ever heard that in regards to turbo kits. Something is not adding up. A wastegate, whether internal or external, will do nothing to vent excess pressure between the throttle body and compressor. What am I missing?

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Quick update on the GMS thing. J.R. Denied purchasing a kit from Exile. He also stated that he is really good friends with "Rick" and that he has been for a "long time" even though he was totally unaware of Exile coming out with a kit. He was also advertising in a forum he was not a vendor for so the thread got deleted. God I hate GMS. LoL

Oh and S.D. He also said he has never heard of you or Shadowlands and they YOU were the one lieing... I laughed, was going to respond and then the thread got deleted.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Shades, that's the first time I have ever heard that in regards to turbo kits. Something is not adding up. A wastegate, whether internal or external, will do nothing to vent excess pressure between the throttle body and compressor. What am I missing?
These vent into the exhaust. From Garrett's site.......

Internal Wastegates are built into the turbine housing and consist of a “flapper” valve, crank arm, rod end, and pneumatic actuator. It is important to connect this actuator only to boost pressure; i.e. it is not designed to handle vacuum and as such should not be referenced to an intake manifold.

739548-5009_1.jpg

Last edited:

Liquid

Reaction score
No blow off valve is necessary because it dumps directly into the exhaust? I know how a wastegate works, but it does not replace a blow off valve in function.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back