Twins anyone??????

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Quick update on the GMS thing. J.R. Denied purchasing a kit from Exile. He also stated that he is really good friends with "Rick" and that he has been for a "long time" even though he was totally unaware of Exile coming out with a kit. He was also advertising in a forum he was not a vendor for so the thread got deleted. God I hate GMS. LoL

Oh and S.D. He also said he has never heard of you or Shadowlands and they YOU were the one lieing... I laughed, was going to respond and then the thread got deleted.
What site was this happening on? PM me if you need to do so.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
What site was this happening on? PM me if you need to do so.

It doesn't matter now that the thread has been deleted, but it was on Moddedmustangs.com. He ended up not even being a vendor there and a mod deleted it all. I just didn't want to start a cross forum pissing match or anything.

Fyi, the pictures I posted here were the ones he was using there. Also, he tried to tell me that his kit was differen't because he uses Precision turbos! I asked him to look at his pictures again which clearly show Garretts. After that he got belligerent and asked what they put in the water near where I live and that I was twisting his words.

Last edited:

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so say you only want 450 rwhp...would it make more sense to make that power at 7 psi or make it at 10 psi? Say you do race from time to time, isn't the ability to control boost on the fly basically like having 3 or 4 cars in one. You can run 5, 7, 9 psi levels and still have an 12 psi race gas level.

I agree with you this kit isn't for the average guy who just wants to have a ok fast car, and does not plan on upgrades in the future. But if you are power crazed like a lot of you are this kit makes a lot of sense because it has head room built into it for the day that the power isn't enough and its time to go forged and push for big power.

If you want 450rwhp, I'd say wait for new cams.

;)

Liquid

Reaction score
Call Rick Head at Exile if you don't believe me.

I'm just confused as to why you are posting a picture and definition on how a wastegate works when I'm asking about a blow off valve, something completely unrelated to a wastegate. I might have to call Rick...

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
fwiw, just because the turbos are mounted under the car, does not mean such and such company copied off another..... This idea has been around for a while...

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
I know. But literally everything is identical. Look at the pictures. O2 placment, mounting bracket, hardware holding the turbo's on etc, etc.

"GMS" :
IMG_4522.jpg

Exile:
P81819951.jpg

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Rick told me the story of how JR was pestering the shit out of him for over two weeks about the kit. When he finally got all of the money together he needed the kit in two weeks to make it to SEMA. Rick got him the kit in under two weeks and the car was finished. We (Rick and I) walked outside at SEMA to go see the car for ourselves. No biggie.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
I believe it. It just pisses me off that asshole is taking credit for something that isn't his once again... How do people like that stay in business? I mean, didn't he almost run Paxton into the ground?

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I think twins would be nice. And after thinking about 9k isn't bad for a complete bolt on kit. Just wish it came with a tune and injectors.

Khell

Reaction score
Yeah ur right towelly. If you look at the picture of the pipe coming out of the throttle body going down on the strutt tower brace it says out performance shop. Ive actually seen a few videos of that car on youtube and out performance shop says its the Exile twin turbo setup in their vids. But in later videos it says GMS modifed Exile turbo kit.

acrbill

Reaction score
That price is insane. The single largest expense when building a custom turbo kit is the R&D of custom manifolds, since this kit uses stockers that is a non issue. You have the price of the turbos, the very short run of hotside piping, cold side piping, oil scavenge pump and a few other odds and ends.

Also about the internal gate and BOV debate. They are on opposite sides of the turbo so it makes no sense. What you probably heard was that you don't need an external gate if you are running internally wastegated turbos.

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score
With this kit, you gain the ability to put an "EcoBoost" badge on your Mustang, I believe. That ought to confuse a few people.

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score
So who is actually building this kit? Exile? I see no mention of it anywhere on their website (although their website is pretty bare bones).

9K IS a lot of money, but it looks to be a truly bolt on kit. Add another 1000 in fuel system upgrades and $500 in tuning, and it gets up there in price. Sure like the looks of the kit though. If it came with the necessary fuel system bits and a stock tune, I'd be all over this...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back