Twins anyone??????

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Definitely a bad ass setup, however, I don't see them selling that many kits. It is a lot of money for most people that just spent $40k on a new car.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
How is it 49 state legal when there's no cats? How would you pass emissions everywhere else? I hear Houston area emissions is pretty close to Cali's. Good thing I'm in a non-emissions county. ;)

Yes this may be the most expensive FI setup, but it's also the best period. You want the best? You gotta pay. :)

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Typically, most areas don't sniff vehicles anymore or look for cats. Here in Harris County all they do is hook into the OBD port and run a scan for checks. No checks? You're good to go.

This system is being sold as a "tuner" kit. If you need cats then pipe them in. Otherwise....bolt it up and let it eat.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
Hey SD, would a twin setup like this work if someone has Kooks headers since Kooks aren't very long? It may not be 100% bolt on any more since this is made with stock headers in mind... But I'm just curious if there would still be enough room.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey SD, would a twin setup like this work if someone has Kooks headers since Kooks aren't very long? It may not be 100% bolt on any more since this is made with stock headers in mind... But I'm just curious if there would still be enough room.

No, and theres really no reason for it anyway, sell the kooks and put it towards the tubro kit. Thats what I did, Loved my kooks longtubes but had to let them go...

Meikol02

Reaction score
That looks like a well designed system, and there are a lot more people than you might think dropping that kind of money on power adders. The market is pretty big, and pretty quiet, so this will fit in nicely I would imagine.

Turbolvr321

Reaction score
Stick with factory manifolds. There are plenty reasons to from what I understand.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think it is overpriced. You have to consider at least $5000 in parts there. $2500 for the turbo's, $3000 if a individual were to try and buy them direct. But I don't like the kit either, if only because I think its a tad overcomplicated. Not that it doesn't make great power and isn't engineered well. Because it does and is, but unless I was trying to make a unruly amount of horsepower I wouldn't buy it myself.

p.s. - Why no video or dynosheet at least? :p

Last edited:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think it is overpriced. You have to consider at least $5000 in parts there. $2500 for the turbo's, $3000 if a individual were to try and buy them direct. But I don't like the kit either, if only because I think its a tad overcomplicated. Not that it doesn't make great power and isn't engineered well. Because it does and is, but unless I was trying to make a unruly amount of horsepower I wouldn't buy it myself.

p.s. - Why no video or dynosheet at least? :p

So on a stock internal engine it makes far more sense to make less power using more boost, and more stress on your internals....and in the process have higher IAT's? There is a simple reason why turbo's make more power per lb of boost than any other power adder.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
So on a stock internal engine it makes far more sense to make less power using more boost, and more stress on your internals....and in the process have higher IAT's? There is a simple reason why turbo's make more power per lb of boost than any other power adder.

For a guy who isn't going racing every weekend it makes more sense to spend $2000+ less, have a much less involved install and have plenty of power. :highfive:

I'm not downplaying turbo's or even this kit. I just wouldn't prefer this kit.

Last edited:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
For a guy who isn't going racing every weekend it makes more sense to spend $2000+ less, have a much less involved install and have plenty of power. :highfive:

I'm not downplaying turbo's, I just wouldn't prefer this kit.

Ok so say you only want 450 rwhp...would it make more sense to make that power at 7 psi or make it at 10 psi? Say you do race from time to time, isn't the ability to control boost on the fly basically like having 3 or 4 cars in one. You can run 5, 7, 9 psi levels and still have an 12 psi race gas level.

I agree with you this kit isn't for the average guy who just wants to have a ok fast car, and does not plan on upgrades in the future. But if you are power crazed like a lot of you are this kit makes a lot of sense because it has head room built into it for the day that the power isn't enough and its time to go forged and push for big power.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so say you only want 450 rwhp...would it make more sense to make that power at 7 psi or make it at 10 psi? Say you do race from time to time, isn't the ability to control boost on the fly basically like having 3 or 4 cars in one. You can run 5, 7, 9 psi levels and still have an 12 psi race gas level.

I agree with you this kit isn't for the average guy who just wants to have a ok fast car, and does not plan on upgrades in the future. But if you are power crazed like a lot of you are this kit makes a lot of sense because it has head room built into it for the day that the power isn't enough and its time to go forged and push for big power.

Can't argue with you there man. I'm one of those who likes to follow the "K.I.S.S." method is all. Love the engineering of the kit. Love turbos. Don't like the price, don't like some of the "features" is all.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Ditch the Kooks and put the manifolds back on. Solid, quiet, good heat retention.

Can't argue with you there man. I'm one of those who likes to follow the "K.I.S.S." method is all. Love the engineering of the kit. Love turbos. Don't like the price, don't like some of the "features" is all.
What part of "complete bolt-on installation" is not simple? Nothing gets changed. Want to take it off later and go back to stock? Unbolt it. Simple.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What part of "complete bolt-on installation" is not simple? Nothing gets changed. Want to take it off later and go back to stock? Unbolt it. Simple.

That's the best part of this kit hands down IMO. Power is great, but I'm not sure I want to rip my hair out trying to get it. I read through some instructions for another competitors turbo kit and all the cutting, re-routing, etc. was a major turn-off. Hell, the STS kits are a turnoff because of all the piping.

9K is a bit of cash, but it's not like they drew up this design on the back of a napkin at Dennys or something. Things cost more today. Just the way it is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back