Typical shop cost to forge motor?

Mach3011

Reaction score
Where do you live?

I built a pretty solid lower end on my car for much less than what most companies are going to charge you. Blake Holcomb hooked it up

I am in Arizona, what kind of cost and set up did you get?

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Nothing too wild, just a budget forged setup :)
Just a new block with cylinder support system (like JPC and others offer), diamond pistons, manley rods, all arp gear, TSS opg's, blah blah blah.

Basically slapped my heads on top and haven't had an issue yet at over 800

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Labor costs and having someone know WTF they are doing is most important if you are paying someone to build and/or put in the engine.
What kind of power are you looking to support? It matters, and is a factor when building an engine.

And +1 in that it really depends where you are and who does the work.

Mach3011

Reaction score
Labor costs and having someone know WTF they are doing is most important if you are paying someone to build and/or put in the engine.
What kind of power are you looking to support? It matters, and is a factor when building an engine.

And +1 in that it really depends where you are and who does the work.

I will definitely do my research for a reputable shop in AZ. I am aiming for the 750-950 range.

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I could be in the states for that kind of a cheap build LOL. I got my first estimate at a very reputable shop to build my engine at $16 grand! Start to finish fully forged and dyno tuned, and lots of people think that is a great price around here:rape:. Waiting to see what a couple other shops come in at.

Mach3011

Reaction score
I wish I could be in the states for that kind of a cheap build LOL. I got my first estimate at a very reputable shop to build my engine at $16 grand! Start to finish fully forged and dyno tuned, and lots of people think that is a great price around here:rape:. Waiting to see what a couple other shops come in at.

Where are you at??? That seems out of control haha

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Where are you at??? That seems out of control haha

Alberta, Canada. Lots of oil money here so everyone tries to take advantage of all they can. Hopefully I can find someone that can do the work for around 10ish, otherwise the car may have to sit for awhile again.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
IMO, either the NA or SC version of the aluminator would be the ideal ticket. Most folks go with the NA 11:1 CR version...then put whatever blower you want on it. Then u get a FRPP crate eng with a 2 year / 24,000 mile warranty.

Install the Aluminator 1st, get it running good.....then add the blower....after the fact. Then sell ur existing eng....and recoup some of the costs.

Funny thing is, the aluminator has gone up in price over the last few years. It used to be $6800.00 (coyote crate eng was $5800.00).

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
That's the thing, Jim from JDM was saying that aluminum short blocks have gotten more expensive due to lack of availability. So it seems a coyote swap or short block can easily run $6k-$9K plus labor. If a stroker kit is under $2K and labor is under $2K, I'd much rather build a forged stroker. I'd throw in some cams & springs while its apart. A good winter project.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I would just go with the Aluminator and budget in another 2-2.5k for R&R. The aluminator comes with Boss springs, billet oil pump gears, and a larger oil pan IIRC. It is nothing but remove the old motor, put the new one in and sell your old motor.

Also, fuck MMR

Mach3011

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Does anyone know what the stock motors are reselling for? They are all over the place on ebay.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
So it would make more sense to just get parts straight from Manley then as I will have it all installed and done locally. Any comment on Livernois?

Livernois is great.

Why are you looking at forging the motor? What is the end goal? That could really change the needs of the motor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back