what bolt to use for the innovators west pulley?

snopro442

forum member
Reaction score
I just picked up the innovators west 10% overdrive pulley and was wondering if I should replace the bolt and washer with an aftermarket one or just reuse the stock bolt and washer, any help would be great thanks!

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
got a link for that pulley? havent heard of that. regardless of the pulley, by the book your suppose to use a new bolt when replacing the pulley as they stretch a little when torqued on. ive done that, and ive also re used a bolt.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I just picked up the innovators west 10% overdrive pulley and was wondering if I should replace the bolt and washer with an aftermarket one or just reuse the stock bolt and washer, any help would be great thanks!

I used this on my GT 4.6L 8 not sure it will work on a V6 might be worth calling ARP
ARP 156-2501

Last edited:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Watch and measure your pulley as it is usually quite thicker than the stock one where the washer sits, do those measures (IW vs stock) and let me know if you arrive to a conclusion about this by yourself.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Watch and measure your pulley as it is usually quite thicker than the stock one where the washer sits, do those measures (IW vs stock) and let me know if you arrive to a conclusion about this by yourself.
ive got a underdrive pulley on my 4.0. pretty sure the bolt is the same as the oem bolt( but i did use the one that came with it) so not positive and it doesnt have a washer on it. also need the correct belt to go with it. guess we lost the op. the 4.0 is way different than the 4.6. maybe this got posted in the wrong forum?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back