What happens when you don't change your oil

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are nut jobs out there that claim you should never change your oil. Just add when it gets low.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Lucky for us nobody here is ignorant enough to not change oil on their car. Amazes me that anybody could be that foolish but they are out there.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I am honestly surprised that the engine made it to 135K miles considering that it only had 1 or 2 oil changes.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My dad had an old dodge that he never changed the oil on. Car ran great for 20 years and 280k miles. He let my uncle borrow it and he changed the oil, it blew up shortly after that.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
There was a local farmer who lived nearby us. He was an engineer and had been taught in school that you don't change oil, you just change the filter and add oil. He did this over the course of his entire life in all his vehicles and farm equipment. He had a few engines blow over the years as well, but not as many as you'd think. His wife had a Mercedes car with a diesel engine that had well over 300k miles and he claimed the oil was never changed...my guess that it burnt it so quickly that the oil never got dirty, lol.

I don't understand why you would not spend $30 and change it, even if you only did so every 10,000 miles. With today's synthetic oil you can get away with longer than normal intervals.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back