S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if they would fit ok??

17X10.5 with 44mm offset and 7.5 Backspace

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think they would. I have 18X10's though with +45mm offset and they fit fine. I don't know how the 17 inch diameter would effect it though---would the 17 hit the rear sway bar when that wide?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you will run in to swaybar issues with a 17 that wide.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you will run in to swaybar issues with a 17 that wide.

I have a bmr sway bar relocation since I use bogarts for the track. other than the sway bar hitting the wheel do you guys thin they won't stick out??

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think they would. I have 18X10's though with +45mm offset and they fit fine. I don't know how the 17 inch diameter would effect it though---would the 17 hit the rear sway bar when that wide?

can somebody explain the proper way to measure stuff for wheel fitting. I relocated the sway bar since I use a 15x10 wheels for the track. I found out I am getting the 325' mandh tires as a gift from my sisters. I found these wheels and they are dd black bullits.

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't need a 10" rim for the those particular 325's. They aren't any wider than my 275/50's and fit perfect on a 9" rim.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
can somebody explain the proper way to measure stuff for wheel fitting. I relocated the sway bar since I use a 15x10 wheels for the track. I found out I am getting the 325' mandh tires as a gift from my sisters. I found these wheels and they are dd black bullits.

Oh, the wheel I run the M&H 325's on a is a 17X9 rim with +36mm offset and they fit perfect, even with the rear lowered 1.5 inches. Like SixtySix mentioned, the 325's run narrow, you don't need a 10 inch rim to run them.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh, the wheel I run the M&H 325's on a is a 17X9 rim with +36mm offset and they fit perfect, even with the rear lowered 1.5 inches. Like SixtySix mentioned, the 325's run narrow, you don't need a 10 inch rim to run them.

my plan was a 17x9 rim, but I just found these dd bullits and I love them. if I get them I hope they fit ok.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
can somebody explain the proper way to measure stuff for wheel fitting.

From American Muscle's web site:

Mustang Wheel Offset
The offset of a mustang wheel is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the mustang wheel. It is very important to purchase a wheel with the correct offset for your year Mustang. If the offset is not right for your mustang, the steering and handling will be affected.
There are three types of offset:
  1. Zero Mustang Offset: This means that the hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.
  2. Positive Mustang Offset: The hub mounting surface is toward the front (face or wheel side) of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars, as well as on newer rear-wheel drive cars.
  3. Negative Mustang Offset: This means that the hub mounting surface is toward the back (or brake side) of the wheel’s centerline.
tech-guide-offset.jpg

Mustang Wheel Backspacing:
Backspacing is distance from the back edge of a wheel rim to the back of the center section. Measured in inches, backspacing is closely related to offset. This measurement is important because it determines the clearance of the wheel in the well, and the amount the wheel will stick out.

tech-guide-backspacing.jpg

You can measure a wheel’s backspacing by running a straight edge across the rim bead and dropping another straight edge down to the wheel face, measuring that distance.
Mustang Wheel Bolt Pattern:
The bolt pattern is the diameter of the circle made by the centers of the wheel lugs. So, for our 5-lug wheels, a bolt pattern of 5 x 4.5 inches means that the lug pattern falls on a circle that is 4.5 inches in diameter.
Note: 5x4.5 inches is 5x114.3 mm

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
J

jbailer

Oops, had that response window open for a bit and didn't see the previous response.

American Racing has some wheels that fit the S197 under the Carroll Shelby name. The Shelby Torq-Thrust M part number 105MS71565A which is 17x10.5" with a 28mm offset and a 6 7/8" backspace and a 5x4 1/2" bolt circle. I've got these wheels on my car. They are very nice quality wheels but I'm not sure the wheel profile is one that everyone will like. The offset combined with the width sets the wheel about 3/8" outside the rear 1/4 panel. I have the M&H 325 on them and I think it looks very nice. I get a lot of complements on them at car shows, it has that old-school big rear tire look. Because they just barely stick out it isn't that noticeable and because the M&H 325s aren't that wide it helps even more. A wider tire may look awkward. On that same note, the same wheel is available in a 9" width with a 45mm offset (105MS7966A) and will accomodate the M&H 325s just fine. It just depends on what you want. -Joe

J

jbailer

I've been asked by several for pictures so this seems like a good place to put them. -Joe

rear.jpg

bcorner.jpg

rearwheel1.jpg

rearwheel2.jpg

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been asked by several for pictures so this seems like a good place to put them. -Joe

rear.jpg

bcorner.jpg

rearwheel1.jpg

rearwheel2.jpg

thanks for your input on this thread. I want the same look on my car and that's the only reason why I want a 17x10.5 wheel. I have the m and h tires already. my car is lowered 1.3 inches. do you think I will have any issues? also can you post the part number for the front ones.

thanks, Ed

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back