wtb:2.5 inch cowl hood..

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much does the street hood weigh over the race? I know the hood retails for $499 through Steeda, so I assume if there is a decent amount of interest, we can get a hell of a deal on them.

I'd like to see what kind of pricing were talking about, then we can go from there. But I'm down for a Steeda street hood...

i think 9lbs total not sure on pricing guy didn't get back too me yet but yes it will be cheaper than 499 lol

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the race hood is fully open in the back, while the street hood is only open on one side. Damn, I forgot all about that bullshit. Hmmm, I'm thinking the VFN might be a little better. IMO, it's identical to the Steeda except it's 3", which is better, but the pricing has got to come down a bit....$380 plus freight isn't quite cutting it.

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
ok enough bs talk...have you guys came up with some pricing or not? i want a damn 2.5 in cowl hood...5inch is fucken ridiculous so through that idea out the window.

i found a company that is willing to negotiate if we have at least have 10 or more people..i will give you guys his contact number and email website if you guys are down for a 2.5 or 3 inch cowl hoods..lmk also this are cervinis knock of...lol..

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok enough bs talk...have you guys came up with some pricing or not? i want a damn 2.5 in cowl hood...5inch is fucken ridiculous so through that idea out the window.

i found a company that is willing to negotiate if we have at least have 10 or more people..i will give you guys his contact number and email website if you guys are down for a 2.5 or 3 inch cowl hoods..lmk also this are cervinis knock of...lol..
relax wild boy, lets see what the guy freaknazty is talking to says. i know its hard to wake up everymorning with ur hood. :LMAO:

j/k

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok fellas i tried calling him but i been super super busy today long story anyway k im sending you the info now bro

ps yea that hood does look kinda funky id be hunting for a new one too lmao:laughlots::laughlots:

and id be down for that 2" depending on price

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the race hood is fully open in the back, while the street hood is only open on one side. Damn, I forgot all about that bullshit. Hmmm, I'm thinking the VFN might be a little better. IMO, it's identical to the Steeda except it's 3", which is better, but the pricing has got to come down a bit....$380 plus freight isn't quite cutting it.

Yeah my intake is right by were it opens so I'll be sticking with the steeda race. Hope you guys get a good group buy.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
The ebay ones are cheap and good looking for 2" cowl, but I have my doubts about their finish and quality, also they dont say if they have the 2 washer noozles holes... that would suck if they dont have.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i've heard horror stories about trufiber hoods, guys having to spend lots of cash to make them good enough to paint...aren't these the ones you're talking about on ebay?

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about getting a 2" cowl hood too. May look pretty good with my GT500 front end

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
I was posting that because someone had said something about quality so I mentioned stage3 sells them, which is a vendor here.

the quality doesnt matter any competent body shop can fix that...:thumb: unless you take it to fucken earl schieb or what ever its called then you gonna get ripped...

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
7 pages and no price or vendor? lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back