Yellow Fog lights ya dig?

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I would have loved to have gone full on yellow LED, but the fog bulbs in the '13 really look to be non replaceable from what I can tell. Physically looking, and searching the web, it doesn't look like these can just be swapped out.

As for the legality, I am thinking that it would depend on the state.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I would have loved to have gone full on yellow LED, but the fog bulbs in the '13 really look to be non replaceable from what I can tell. Physically looking, and searching the web, it doesn't look like these can just be swapped out.

As for the legality, I am thinking that it would depend on the state.
I looked for replacement bits, too. I can't find anything except the housings that use the stock LEDs. Was considering finding another housing that's close to the same size and seeing what I can get to fit. Not ambitious enough to hack up the front of my car yet, though.

I had projector fogs with a 55w 3000k kit in my VW and it was amazing looking:

Stock headlights were 35w 4300k, and the high beams were a scatterless reflector housing with 55w 5000k. It looked like the day in front of that car.

SuperchargedStang

forum member
Reaction score
I want that much yellow beam, can you get lights for a 05-09 bulb replacement with similar effect? are the fog lights h13 bulbs? and for hid's would you need new harnesses and other stuff? or just bulb replacement? are there any companies that make more powerful bulbs, that arent HID's? that would make the light behind the tint a bit stronger?

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Reaction score
http://hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

Used these in my SVT Focus, just the Xenonmatch, not the yellow, and the quality was outstanding. They matched the 4300k HID's perfectly, looked completely OEM, and were really bright.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I dig yellow the fogs.

My old car. I did mine with Lamin-X. They looked more yellow in person than in the pics:

IMG_0183.jpg

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I really think that the chrome housing kills the yellow. I wonder how they would look if they were black or even a flat silver. Mine are like that, but they have a slight green tint to them, which I think is caused by the reflection inside the housing.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I knew it, you're all ricers at heart.

Say what you will but they help out a LOT for night driving. I was amazed at how much difference it made. That said, I have the Raxioms and quality control SUCKED. I went through three pair from AM before I finally said screw it and just fixed them myself. The reflector that hangs over the bulb is crooked in them because of the design. Out of six lights only one of them was actually in straight. Even worse I talked directly with AM. They had someone go down and personally go through a few boxes to inspect them before sending them out (I sent pics and explained the issue) and they STILL sent me lights with crooked reflectors.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Say what you will but they help out a LOT for night driving. I was amazed at how much difference it made.

Helps by reducing light output so there is less glare and reflection coming back at you. Yellow tends to exaggerate relief and contours, which is why Lexus tends to put yellow fog lamps on their cars (emphasis on fog). Same reason yellow tinted lenses are often used on snow goggles to help see the terrain.

So unless you're driving in snow, dirt, or some kind of terrain where seeing every little contour is necessary, it's kind of silly.

To each his own, nothing wrong with whatever makes you happy. It's still super rice though :crazy:

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I get quite a bit of fog in certain areas by my apartment. I also drive my car year round, so they will help in the snow. Don't care if they are "rice" because I love the look, and the benefit that it offers me.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
I always thought yellow fogs was more of an import thing, but some of these mustangs I'm seeing are looking really good with them. I think the OP pulled it off really nice tbh.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back