05-06 A/C compressor wiring

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Guys I need some help verifying the control wire (positive) and ground wire for the A/C compressor on a 05-06 Mustang. My car is an 05 with a 09 GT500 PCM and engine harness. I'm trying to get the A/C to work finally and this is one of the differences I noticed in the books. I want to verify it before I swap my wires around. The 05 wiring manual shows the ground on top and the control on bottom vs the 07-09 where the ground is on the bottom. Here is the 05 connector.
Thanks Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 5

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Go by the wire colors. The pink/light-blue is the power side. It may be a different stripe color, but it will be pink with something.
The other wire is black and is ground.

The '07 compressor uses a different connector than on a 05/06; so if you have a harness from one year the compressor from the other, the connector wont fit. So make sure the connector fits your compressor before splicing in the connector!

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
The service manual shows it the opposite but I believe it to be correct as it matches the plug colors and the way I wired it. So I should be correct and good to go on that part.
Thanks Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 7

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Go by the wire colors. The pink/light-blue is the power side. It may be a different stripe color, but it will be pink with something.
The other wire is black and is ground.

The '07 compressor uses a different connector than on a 05/06; so if you have a harness from one year the compressor from the other, the connector wont fit. So make sure the connector fits your compressor before splicing in the connector!

Well that was the confusion. I went to verify the wiring and it didn't match the connector in the book. The color was opposite to so I needed some verification. Luckily the also posted it in the service manual which I just found.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Yup; those are the different connectors; one is longer/thinner than the other. And as you've pointed out, the wires are switched in the two different designs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back