Engine harness Eyelet White/ light blue (stripe).. HELP!!!

Mustang504

Reaction score
Can someone please help me out! I've been searching for 2 weeks after installing an engine and I can't remember where the last piece of the harness connects to.

It's a 2005 Mustang 4.6 Manual Transmission and the one connector I have left over is an eyelet on the passenger side right after the a/c compressor connector and NEXT TO the oil pan sensor.

Can someone tell me if that eyelet is a ground or if it connects to the starter post. It's a thick 8-10 Guage wire that's white with a light blue stripe.

20230304_124124.jpg This is the wire in question!!20230304_123822.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Have you tried looking this up in an online manual?

https://iihs.net/fsm/?d=40&f=Starting System.pdf&p=2

The only thing that looks like that (in that area with those colors) goes to the starter motor. According to the manual it's C197b and listed as circuit 113 (YE-LB). This comes from the starter relay (BEC) and connects to the starter (using a blade type connector). The starter has only two cables: C197a is the main batt cable (Red) while C197b (YE-LB) uses a 12 gauge wire with a blade connector (called Starter Relay Output). There is also a ground (G106) BLK that's part of that loom that also uses a blade connector which connects to the bottom of the passenger side motor mount (if I remember correctly). I do remember it was an absolute bitch to get off when I replaced my battery cables which included the starter connections.

Starter 1.jpg

Starter 2.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Can someone please help me out! I've been searching for 2 weeks after installing an engine and I can't remember where the last piece of the harness connects to.

It's a 2005 Mustang 4.6 Manual Transmission and the one connector I have left over is an eyelet on the passenger side right after the a/c compressor connector and NEXT TO the oil pan sensor.

Can someone tell me if that eyelet is a ground or if it connects to the starter post. It's a thick 8-10 Guage wire that's white with a light blue stripe.

View attachment 86120 This is the wire in question!!View attachment 86121

See post...

Mustang504

Reaction score
I'm under the car now trying to rewire. I greatly needed your illustration... Thank You!

Last edited:

SciGuy

Reaction score

View attachment 86120 This is the wire in question!!View attachment 86121
Can I ask where the Yellow 2-pin connector in your first picture goes?

JordanBerk

Reaction score
Can I ask where the Yellow 2-pin connector in your first picture goes?
I THINK that is the plug that goes into the back of the ac compressor, when I was putting mine back together I expected it to be a lot more difficult figuring out where all the cables go but I found that once I got the easy to identify ones in place all the other ones essentially would only reach/fit into one place making it almost idiot proof ;). If I get a chance tomorrow ill crawl under my car and make sure that's where it went sometimes it's hard to tell just from the manual pictures.

SciGuy

Reaction score
I rebuilt my 4.7 and I cant figure out where that plug goes. I have the plug into the compressor. If you get a chance, look and let me know.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
As crazy as it is, you can't always go by colors and workshop manuals. Working in a dealership, our techs tell us that all the time. Based on the pictures and your description, that appears to be #8 a ground. Could be an auxiliary ground

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back