05-09 Door liner adhesive

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
My Mustang finally succumbed to the door panel liner falling off. i am working on completely removing it. Right now I am working on the adhesive but nothing is working.
So far I uave tried:wd40, acetone, goof off, low setting on heat gun, but nothing has worked.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
I redid my door pannel and all I did was I scrubbed the old adhesive foam off with a heavy duty scrub brush, cleaned it well with an air gun
I reapplied the orginal skin using a 3M industrial adhesive. It worked awesome, I am extremely pleased with the results... Its 100% better than Factory.

I really wish I took time and documented the repair.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need to use a solvent. I've used a professional grade solvent called Pro-Sol for several jobs over the years that were stubborn. Has done the job each time. Wear gloves it's pretty harsh on skin.

45-C-61-2_480x480.jpg

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
The adhesive used by the factory has a very strong bond to the plastic most chemicals will damage the plastic panel itself.

I taped off the entire door panel with painters tape after degreasing the surface.

I then used good ole elbow grease and sandpaper to remove any remaing adhesive. I was using panels from stangthang as replacements so a light scuffing before using the adhesive was all that was needed after.

I used a plastic adhesive from jbweld. It has worked well so far in Las Vegas heat.

If you are trying to remove the adhesive without loosing the texture grain of the plastic then another means will be needed.

I am not familiar with ProSol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back