06 gt bouncing

Carperson87

Reaction score
70k miles bbk cai, high flow catts, hpipe, mbrp muffler deletes lcas adjustable pan hard stock springs shocks n struts. Just installed my JM UCA n mount and Hurst shifter. Now the rear end seems to bounce a lot. I'm thinking its time for strut mounts, shocks, struts, camber bolts n springs. Thoughts?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
What hole is the UCA in on the mount? if it's in the lower one you have more anti-squat and a bit rougher ride.
Kind of the same thing when you install LCA relocation brackets the ride gets a little stiffer.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
70k miles bbk cai, high flow catts, hpipe, mbrp muffler deletes lcas adjustable pan hard stock springs shocks n struts. Just installed my JM UCA n mount and Hurst shifter. Now the rear end seems to bounce a lot. I'm thinking its time for strut mounts, shocks, struts, camber bolts n springs. Thoughts?

did you torque down the UCA with the suspension (all four wheels) loaded? If not, you may have bind that's causing your problem.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'm thinking his new UCA has less bind and now the blown out shocks are showing more.

The stock dampers are all done at 25K miles. Yours have been dead for a while, time for new ones.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, the stock dampers are notoriously bad.

For conversation's sake: I was talking to someone who I'd consider an expert and he said the whole "torque the control arms under load" mantra comes from the stock control arms which are bonded rubber on a metal sleeve. The person went on to say that once a person upgrades to basically any aftermarket poly or spherical joint, torquing the arms under load becomes irrelevant. I've installed them both ways and not noticed a difference in sound or performance.

Thoughts?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Agree, the bonded rubber bushings is the only reason to torque under load.

Carperson87

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I've got gt500 mounts, eibach camber bolts, koni orange shocks n struts just waiting on my new springs to come in.

Back