06 GT build thread , Saleen , Coyote

BLKS197

Formerly TAJoerg
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered, but did you encounter any issues passing OBD-II inspection with the swap? That is my major concern with this swap in NYS.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
OBD-II would require all but 2 monitors be ready when you plug it in. NYSI is my biggest concern with this swap.

I imagine as long as it has an OBD II port that reads the engine and all required monitors are met, i dont see a problem. Most states allow engine swaps as long as its the same year engine or newer.

Texas is the same with the monitors although i think they only allow 1 not ready, now.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
man great work!

i love the front end (obviously biased). i would love to see a cdc grille with a shaved lower (as you already have) with v6 fogs and a lower lip. so bad ass

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
man great work!

i love the front end (obviously biased). i would love to see a cdc grille with a shaved lower (as you already have) with v6 fogs and a lower lip. so bad ass

Its coming along slowly , have been soooo busy trying to get everyone elses crap fixed for spring I haven't had much time to get back on my pony. Hopefully Ill get her wrapped up in the next month , Im busy building myself a bobber bike too which doesn't help.....distraction distraction....

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I just read the whole thread. Awesome build. I really like the 05-09 Saleens. I wish you would have at least used the Saleen grill on the 14 swap :lol: but it's your car man. Great job.

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
This has been distracting me from my mustang. I picked up a 1100 Shadow for cheap , $1300 , so I said hey I want to make a bobber and so I did

Before (in really good condition actually)

1617616_10152659270973289_1853547447_o.jpg

After ($300 in parts) a couple days labor , just waiting on my spring bobber seat to arrive.

1782325_10152689261493289_1824063943_o.jpg

Last edited:

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^ that build there! Good lord man... You got some talent! Both your builds are pure win!

Uncle Buck

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the forum and don't post often but wow, I just read the thread end to end and can't say enough good things about this black beast.

I'm one of the 05-09 style fans but can't help but love the coyote motor. Your swap write up will have another reader here for sure.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Lol , nah , didn't die , just went into a lil Hibernation. We have had such an Awful winter with all this Ice and crap it has made my work a nightmare, I should be back on her to wrap her up within a month. HAVE to be ready for Mustang week!!!!!

Ok cool :thumb2: such a badass car!

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Lol , nah , didn't die , just went into a lil Hibernation. We have had such an Awful winter with all this Ice and crap it has made my work a nightmare, I should be back on her to wrap her up within a month. HAVE to be ready for Mustang week!!!!!

Ha I hear ya there it sucks I still need to get down that way and see this thing

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back