07 S197 Coyote swap

Boozshey

Reaction score
I can't wait to get my k-member with the EPAS!!! Been waiting way to long for one!!!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I can test the EPAS with the data cable off if you want to see how it behaves as maybe it won't read speed out of your PCM.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
This is part of what is going in this/next week. (again sorry for the crappy picture)

coyote4.jpg

There is an event over the weekend so don't think it will be done until next week.

holly smokes that a huge rack to put in.? hard to tell but i assume there is still a steering shaft? or is it completely wired as in the drive by wire throttle body no cable just wiring...? thanks

sub'd, and props on the build

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
There is still a steering shaft, it's not steer by wire... haha

dont laugh at me!! :evillaugh: lol i mean really whats stopping them from steer by wire? hell the ford focus now parks it self or whatever... so thats steer by wire/computer... im assuming its not total steer by wire cause of liability

anyway regardless looks killer man and if you guys do need some billet brackets made please let me know for that powersteering pump etc. we have fast turn around.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
It should get started back today, BMR sent the wrong A-Arms and being down here that is a HUGE issue, will use the stock ones in the meantime.

Will try to solve any issue that may arise with all the new wiring and get the AC working, plan is to hit the dyno next tuesday. Have to get it done next week as I leave for two weeks to the US next friday.

SStang

forum member
Reaction score
So you used the stock 2011 pcm, with the stock 07 IC?

Thanks.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Lito don't mean to thread jack but can you shoot me your email? I tried pm'ing you but I think your box is full. Thanks and sorry again for thread jack:beer:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
PM space made.

BTW, BMR shipped correct A-arms, awesome service, don't know if they will be here for this stage. Updates coming next week hopefully.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, finally more updates!!!.

K-member and EPAS are in, BMR originally sent the wrong A-Arms so installed the stock 07 ones for now, they already sent the correct ones, thank you Kelly!

coyote5.jpg

coyote6.jpg

Stock coyote transmission wire harness modded and installed, it includes all the power connections including the high amp fuses, as the EPAS needs a lot of amps and as we wanted the stock connectors we went this route, the same 07 battery (still the original one) is being used, reversed. We had to mod some stuff and redo some that was originally done. This harness includes starter, BEC power, alternator, PCM T connector and all the rear connectors (UEGO, HEGO, oss, reverse, etc.)

coyote7.jpg

Here is how it will stay during this NA month. Waiting on the 2.9L to come. Stock BEC being used. Some hoses will be off when the SC comes.

coyote8.jpg

What is left or missing? Reverse, we need to make a relay circuit to light them. TCS, won't work, A/C is complicated as both systems differ a lot, modded some stuff in the calibration to make it work but has no pressure control so won't be used for now waiting on some parts I have to order from Ford to test a solution. If anyone is interested I will share my findings and what we see is a possible solution, I am a newbie on car A/C but think we got it figured out.

Here is a video (bad as always) of the steering wheel movement with EPAS.

Will hit the dyno tomorrow and report back with results.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back