07 S197 Coyote swap

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
TC is the biggest unknown (along EPAS, AC and a couple of things more) until I get to see the car again and we test calibration changes, ABS light is of but until we hit the road we won't know.

Copy. Anxious to hear what you learn, as I'm going to be following your path. I've heard that ABS will function standalone, and that the only reason it communicates with the PCM is so that you can get the error codes via the OBD plug. TC and ESC, who knows.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Copy. Anxious to hear what you learn, as I'm going to be following your path. I've heard that ABS will function standalone, and that the only reason it communicates with the PCM is so that you can get the error codes via the OBD plug. TC and ESC, who knows.

TC uses ABS as part of the its strategy so I don't how it will work once it is on the ground. PowerPC TC strategy involved ETC, spark and ABS.

This is why we won't know what will happen until once it is in the ground, 11+ TC strategy is even more complex.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TC uses ABS as part of the its strategy so I don't how it will work once it is on the ground. PowerPC TC strategy involved ETC, spark and ABS.

This is why we won't know what will happen until once it is in the ground, 11+ TC strategy is even more complex.

we know you're not really interested in marketing a swap kit at this point...but i think i speak for everyone here....it would certainly be worth your while if you did. i know i would be in line for sure for the chance to do a quality swap like this.

i also think i can speak for everyone when i say...."please reconsider!"

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I dont think its because he doesnt want to do it to help. From a business stand point he will need alot of interest to get it all together and put a swap kit together that keeps everyone from having to do all the hard work themselves. Needs alot more interest showing that money can be made there first.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I am right there with you though. I would love to see a swap kit come out because that would entice me more to take the plunge. I graduate from college in a 11 days and have a job lined up so ill be doing something big in the next few months. This is what I would really like to do so we shall see what the future holds.

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure the amount of money your looking at to do this won't justify it. Awesome idea though, and the coyote engine is so light!

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the amount of money your looking at to do this won't justify it. Awesome idea though, and the coyote engine is so light!

i don't know. i would consider 10k, including the motor, as my car has been paid off for a long time.

the bonus would be to keep a "better" looking body style with the upgraded powerplant. i'm sure there are quite a few who would be willing to shell out something like that, considering the cost of a built bottom end and a blower would be in the same ball park.

JohnnyGMachine

JohnnyGMachine
Reaction score
i don't know. i would consider 10k, including the motor, as my car has been paid off for a long time.

the bonus would be to keep a "better" looking body style with the upgraded powerplant. i'm sure there are quite a few who would be willing to shell out something like that, considering the cost of a built bottom end and a blower would be in the same ball park.

I am of the same mind as you. I have an 06 GT and I want to do this swap. I sub'd to this thread. Only thing that makes me a little uneasy about doing this is the wiring it up and getting it right. My warranty is up after december and it'll be paid off by next summer. I'd like to do the swap then. So I'm watching to see how it turns out for you guys. Take LOTS of pics! Thanks.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Stuck waiting on parts (k-member, epas, harness). Here is how it sits now, when the new power harness with the EPAS connectors arrive it will be finished.

coyote_wiring.JPG

Control pack fuse box is gone! Using all stock stuff on the BEC, lets see how it goes.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Why EPAS versus hydraulic? I'm specifically planning on keeping hydraulic in mine due to EPAS issues.

Every single blower install out there (except the procharger) needs the area where you could install the kits available with the daewoo PS pump, the plan is to install a whipple 2.9L after all the issues have been solved. This is not a track car, is just for fun.

So we decided to try to convert most of the thins to 11 so blower kit would be just a drop in.

If you are staying NA, there are kits to put the pump at the actual location and use the alternator inverted and go with the AC on the actual location.

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Every single blower install out there (except the procharger) needs the area where you could install the kits available with the daewoo PS pump, the plan is to install a whipple 2.9L after all the issues have been solved. This is not a track car, is just for fun.

So we decided to try to convert most of the thins to 11 so blower kit would be just a drop in.

If you are staying NA, there are kits to put the pump at the actual location and use the alternator inverted and go with the AC on the actual location.

Gotcha.

FWIW, if you want to do it without converting, there is always the option of an electric pump. I used an MR2 electric PS pump with the original rack in my Civic racecar. Worked great.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
We played with that option as we have access to Opel Astra and some Citroen/Peugeot units but we would not have the control of pressure with steering input and it will be running 100% all the time (or going thru switches) and this is a full street car with the plan of getting 100% operative as stock so we decided against it.

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
There is someone out on one of the Cobra Replica forums who built a PWM controller for them that does make them respond more like they did in the stock application. Personally, I just ran mine at a full 12V all the time. It was noisy though like that, but as mine was a racecar, I didn't care. In a streetcar it would have gotten annoying.

Sounds like you've got a direction though. Awesome to see the build progressing.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, we took the car out.

We are still waiting on parts, EPAS should arrive in a week or so along the belt and tensioner for the AC.

Everything is working in the car, except the traction control, made some calibration changes so the EVAP would work and is looking good for now.

TPMS is not set as customer brought the rims with the incorrect sensors in it.

Tune is rich and retarded for now just for testing.

Only issues so far:

TCS, can't activate it, tried different stuff and nothing, have something to test in the following days.

Reverse lights, switch is connected to PCM and I have checked it is working in the PCM side as it can be logged with the IDS, looks there is some incompatibility there. Need to test and check for options, would use the switch to activate a relay and use it to power the lights directly if needed.

EVAP/canister, had fuel cap issues, strategy is active now and with some calibration tweaks look it is working but want to see what does it do while cold yet.

Here is a video, a little better than the last one but still bad.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back