11+ power seat/ wiring ?s

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Not sure which model year the passenger power seat was an option. My 06 GT just had a driver power seat. Here is the dilemma. I have a base 11 GT with the non power seats. I traded the seats and got the 401a option power seats.

I installed the seats and plugged in the connector and no power? It appears the plug has no power ( I thought Ford would have them all prewired for less complexity). The computer recognized the seat and its airbag was connected with small yellow airbag connector. I ran power and ground from the driver seat over to the passenger side and the seat moved etc., to test if it was a power issue.

My question is there anyone here that knows if the base seats have a different connector for the seats? Or some trickery to make this work or have a schematic of the pins on the connector. I just hate to run wires permanately from the other seat and would like a clean factory look. I hope there is a simple stupid solution that is beyond me.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
If you search around you can find the ford service manuals online with all the wiring diagrams. If the plug and wires are there maybe there is just a fuse or relay not installed. I read a couple 2010 GT500 guys added a pass power seat and they had to run a power feed to the battery.

Back