13 Mustang Starting Issues

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I went to start the car and it was dead. Wouldn't turn over and jumping it even took a while. Replaced the battery and all seemed well. Sunday I started the car drove about 30 mins parked for a bit and went to start it and it was dead again. The car will turn on but didn't turn over to start. Tried to get a jump but that didnt even work. Eventually got it started by push starting it.

What are the problems I could be having? I am gonna get the alternator tested this weekend when I have time to mess with the car. Also maybe bad starter?

Car is a 13 mustang gt with 35k. Also paxton supercharged with fore return fuel system.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
The first part sounds like an alternator or some kind of false reading, keeping the alternator from doing it's job. And then causing the car to use the juice in the new battery, there by draining it.

But... When you mention the paxton and it not starting. I wonder about fuel. Or a clogged spark plug or two...

All guesses on my part with what I have experienced in the past. Sometimes a simple disconnection from the batter for 15 minutes resets whatever "Kicked" and all is well...

Either way, anyone with a computer reader should be able to tell you the codes it is alerting you to...

07 Boss

Reaction score
Start Simple. Sounds like a bad battery. Once a battery is drained all the way it will never hold a charge like it used to. If it's not the battery I would look at the alternator before I anything else. Not sure why Probie is talking about fuel and spark, but neither of those things will prevent the car from cranking.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
It's two weeks old

Verify battery voltage with a multimeter. Then get the car started how ever you can and verify voltage again with the alternator supplying juice to the battery. Verify the differences between the 2.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Start Simple. Sounds like a bad battery. Once a battery is drained all the way it will never hold a charge like it used to. If it's not the battery I would look at the alternator before I anything else. Not sure why Probie is talking about fuel and spark, but neither of those things will prevent the car from cranking.

I missread one part. I thought he said it would turn over, just not start :roflmao:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Verify battery voltage with a multimeter. Then get the car started how ever you can and verify voltage again with the alternator supplying juice to the battery. Verify the differences between the 2.
This. Battery voltage with car off should be no lower than 11.5 V. With car running, it should be over 13 V.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Back