15" MT ET Street Radials w/17" M&H Skinnies

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's responses. Spoke to a couple of shops today and the general consensus is if you're going to run 325/50/15s in most cases the bracket must be modified.

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
To OP...where in central florida are you?

I also run that the same size rims as Nickoli full time on the street and no issues only I run a 275-50 out back cause my car doesn't make the power to justify a tall tire...although much like yours mine is only driven on nice days.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Is it bad to take the bump stops off all together?? I did after lowering mine and havnt noticed any problems yet.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Ive never had it go up that far I dont think. I better look under the car and see if there are any signs of it hitting before I say too much tho,lol.

rsb5772

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures after they made the cut? I'd like to see what has to be removed. Thanks.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Dig up some old threads from DonW and Psfracer. If memory serves....they modified them (actually cut them out completely) due to the size slicks they were running. Should be pics in those threads too.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Dig up some old threads from DonW and Psfracer. If memory serves....they modified them (actually cut them out completely) due to the size slicks they were running. Should be pics in those threads too.

+1

Although I couldn't find the threads SD is referring to, more than one reputable shop confirmed this - cut them out completely and grind smooth the remaining edges.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures after they made the cut? I'd like to see what has to be removed. Thanks.

Here's one of mine after I cut it out.

2010-12-05_15-02-24_520.jpg

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With that cut out, I assume the bumpstops are useless? Just making sure because I am wondering if anyone has had a problem with the tire rubbing the fender lip since the 325s do stick out.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
not really...

The bump stop still contacts the bottom of the body

Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
So the bracket inside the wheel well for the bump stop has been removed
104_1447.jpg

Obviously I have made the decision to go with the 325/50/15s.

I have also ordered my Race Star wheels from JP @ HTP Motorsports. The 15" x 10" w/7.5" backspacing for the rear have arrived and the 17" x 4.5" w/2.25" backspacing for the front should be here on Wednesday.

Here's some more good information for those of you switching to a wheel that uses a shank style lug nut rather than the OEM style lug nut. Take a look at these next 2 pictures. See how much more thread engagement there is on a shank style lug nut. Now look at the picture of the front wheel studs that have never had anything installed on them other than OEM style lug nuts. Approx .500" of the stud has never been used. It is a good idea to run a thread chaser over the studs to make sure they are clean and not deformed. All it takes is one rolled thread to ruin your day installing a new set of wheels. Lastly I will be using a thread lubricant (Ford's Nickel anti-seize) on the threads when installing the wheels.
104_1448.jpg

104_1444.jpg

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Good thread! I have been "premeditating" my next tire setup for the track and this clears some things up that I had in mind.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back