150 shot 3v vs blown auto coyote: Both on street tires, you will be surprised

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Friendly call out by my friend, so I obliged him. Both cars are stalled auto's, my 3v was on stock wheels and 235/55/17 pirelli's. My friends 2011 was on stock wheels/tires as well, his car has a vortech v3 blower on it. I had to wait till 2nd gear to spray but still managed a 7.30 then got the boot after that pass for no helmet/fire jacket lol.....enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al36xVZhnVg&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Can you keep that lead in the 1/4? Just wondering. How much power to the wheels are you putting on your stock block?

Car moves out!

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Can you keep that lead in the 1/4? Just wondering. How much power to the wheels are you putting on your stock block?

Car moves out!
Not sure If I can hold him off in the 1/4 or not. I suspect I could. I have no clue how much my car makes, it was tuned on track and the only time I had it in the dyno the oem torque converter messed up and only allowed us to pull to 4k rpm. At 4k rpm we had 383 rwhp and 514 ft lbs on a loaded mustang dyno

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
3v dig monster doing werk! 6.8 is moving. Sounds great too... I hear stingers :thumb2:

You running 4.10's?
Thanks, Its the roush axle back, which As far as I can tell are borla stingers. It is geared 3.73

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Nice run! I think the 5.0 would start pulling on the back half in a 1/4 mile race, based on the slightly higher 1/8 mile trap. How much is anyone's guess.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Nice run! I think the 5.0 would start pulling on the back half in a 1/4 mile race, based on the slightly higher 1/8 mile trap. How much is anyone's guess.
Thanks, you may be right, my mph was low on this pass b/c I had to wait till 2nd gear to spray, but both cars on good tires trap 99-100 consistently. Who knows, I wish we had a good 1/4 mile track

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score

The 5.0s 60' was higher that would make up for some of the mph as well.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
The 5.0s 60' was higher that would make up for some of the mph as well.
Good point, spinning generates more mph. His car when it dead hooks on 275 radial pros only traps 100.5

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Was this filmed with a calculator?
Newest in potato technology.

potato2.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back