2005-09 Roush Extreme Axle Back/Muffler Deletes

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my Magnaflow street axle backs with either the Ford Performance FR500S (GT500KR) axle backs or my first choice of 05-09 Roush Extreme axle back/muffler delete resonators.. Anyhow I'd like to know as to which would sound best on a 05-09 3V, as I'm looking for that deep, throaty aggressive sound, but don't want the annoying cabin drone while cruising at highway speeds.. I'll also be pairing them with the "OEM" catted H-pipe and stock exhaust manifolds.. In the meantime, here's an image and link for the 05-09 Roush Extremes..

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-extreme-axleback-0509.html

Last edited:

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
If you want the Roush get the catback which includes the resonators. That system has no drone. The KR and Borla Atak are very similar if not the same. I have had all three on a 3v Mustang. You will not be disappointed with any of them.

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
I am running the Roush Extremes (cat back resonators and muffler delete) with OEM catted H pipe on stock exhaust manifolds on a mildly boosted 3V. There is about a 3.5" inch stagger between the resonators.

I love the sound. It is one of my favorite features about the car. I wouldn't call it 100% drone free but for how I use the car (occasional weekend back roads thrashing with some highway) it's not an issue. Deep, throaty and aggressive is exactly how I would describe it.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure any muffler delete is going to give you droning in the cabin.

My mistake, I meant to word it as muffler deletes that include high-flow resonators lol.

With the stock h, the Borla Ataks may give you the sound you're looking for.

If they don't drone, I may even consider the Ataks over the Roush extreme cat back with high-flow resonators being as the Ataks are considered 50 state street legal and also include Borla's one million mile warranty along with being constructed from T-304 grade SS..

If you want the Roush get the catback which includes the resonators. That system has no drone. The KR and Borla Atak are very similar if not the same. I have had all three on a 3v Mustang. You will not be disappointed with any of them.

Thanks for responding as you just made my decision that much easier lol. Anyway it appears my choices are now between the Roush cat back with high-flow resonators and Borla Ataks :waytogo:

I am running the Roush Extremes (cat back resonators and muffler delete) with OEM catted H pipe on stock exhaust manifolds on a mildly boosted 3V. There is about a 3.5" inch stagger between the resonators.

I love the sound. It is one of my favorite features about the car. I wouldn't call it 100% drone free but for how I use the car (occasional weekend back roads thrashing with some highway) it's not an issue. Deep, throaty and aggressive is exactly how I would describe it.

At first, I was considering the Roush extreme axle back resonators as my top choice, but thanks to your feedback along with 2007Vert's.. It appears I'll be either selecting the Roush extreme cat back resonator/muffler deletes or the Borla Ataks.. In the meantime, thanks once again for your feedback and also for sharing your personal experience with the Roush Extreme cat back high-flow resonator kit..

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back