2006 4.0 no crank

Jimmyford

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me.
My 2006 4.0 automatic stalled on me. I tried to start it and it wouldn't crank.
So I get it home. And I have good battery juice Everything acts normal but it just won't crank.
No cel codes. Pats working just fine.
Now the throttle actuator was rapidly clicking so I unhooked it.
The car started up like that but under a forced idle condition
So I replaced the throttle body. Hooked everything back up. And still no crank I hooking the throttle actuator and it starts and runs..
I am running out of ideas on where the problem could be.

Steve Waters

Reaction score
When you say no crank do you mean no start or the engine will not turn over? Have you checked the electric throttle peddle.

Jimmyford

Reaction score
With the throttle actuator plugged in. I turn the key and I get no crank. Everything acts normal. Just won't turn over. If I unplug the throttle actuator the car will start up and run. Since it's Unplugged the car is in a forced idle condition

Steve Waters

Reaction score
Do you have or can you borrow a scan tool? That may help you isolate the problem. Hope someone will offer some more help, I know it can be ruff trying to figure this stuff out.

Jimmyford

Reaction score
I have my code reader. But once again. If the throttle actuator is plugged in it will not link to the computer.
If I unplug the throttle actuator it will like and I get 3 generic throttle codes from it not being plugged in.
That's why I replaced the throttle assembly and a new actuator and position sensor. But it didn't fix anything.
I am hoping it's not an issue with the computer it's self

Steve Waters

Reaction score
I guess I may may have used the wrong terminology but if you could see what the computer sees. I have a program called Diacom Plus, it's an old progam I can hook up to a mid eighty's and later gm vehicle and see what every sensor is reading. I think all the programmers for our cars are capable of doing this function. If you could read all the sensors it would help.

Jimmyford

Reaction score
Yes my code reader has a live data function. That tells me current state of the sensors It's pages abd pages of data. And I can see the gas peddle output change as I press it

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back