2009 California Special mods

Sheesh162

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to having a mustang. I knew I was going to get it and immediately start wanting to add exterior mods to the car. It's a 2009 In candy apple red. The problem is that I have a white stripe on the side and I was wondering if adding white mods would good with the car? Or should I replace the stripe with a black one and center the black mods around it?

Attachments

• IMG_20170228_234754.jpg
    IMG_20170228_234754.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 23

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to having a mustang. I knew I was going to get it and immediately start wanting to add exterior mods to the car. It's a 2009 In candy apple red. The problem is that I have a white stripe on the side and I was wondering if adding white mods would good with the car? Or should I replace the stripe with a black one and center the black mods around it?
Do what makes you happy with the car. Be different; dont worry about what everyone else's opinion is.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Blank canvass...make it yours. She's a beaut!

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yeah, she looks clean. I like the white stripe. I wouldn't add any white body parts though. Color match your louvers or spoilers or whatever you are going to put on there to the car. I wouldn't want to see that thing with white mirror covers and window louvers. But it is your car. Customize as you see fit.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer contrasting colors on dark red cars. So I like the white stripe and chrome wheels. And I don't normally like chrome!

I think some white racing stripes on the hood/roof/trunk would look hot.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, it is a blank canvas. You can go all out and turn it into a totally different looking car or just accent the beautiful lines it already has. As far as your question, I think the subtle mod's look great. Red color matched body parts and either chrome, silver or black wheels would look awesome. It's your car so make it yours. There are a lot of websites that you can see what the different wheels look like on your car before you buy them. Good luck.
By the way it looks like this was your first post so you should take a look at the posting rules before the moderators drop the hammer.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Like the others have said, it's your car, but since you asked, I think white mods would look chintzy. I like the white stripe on there as is though.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
I think the best thing you could do would be a set of rims. Thats my suggestion

Sheesh162

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestion and opinions, I'm probably going to end up adding white stripes as to not change up the car too much. My money might go to stuff under the hood ;)
Yes I forgot to the rules so I will get on that, thanks again

07 Boss

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestion and opinions, I'm probably going to end up adding white stripes as to not change up the car too much. My money might go to stuff under the hood ;)
Yes I forgot to the rules so I will get on that, thanks again

Build from the ground up. Tires, wheels and suspension first. Then drive train and motor. Just works better that way. Tires and suspension will make noticible changes in the way your car drives and handles.

rjyote

forum member
Reaction score
I would first get a flash tuner (SCT X3, X4) and program the PCM with a known and reputable tune. No telling what's on there now. Then get some wider tires. Ford did all the exterior mods you need over a GT, IMO.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
2013 GT500 base wheels and a department of boost blower kit, pulley for 475 rear wheel horsepower.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I've never seen a redfire GT/CS with a white stripe. I like it. It's unique.

I agree with the wheels and suspension mods first. GT/CSs look so good from the factory, I think you need to keep it subtle as to not screw up the good look Ford gave it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back