2010 GT500 First time out

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
Just wanted to say big thanks to Stkjock for helping me out with the car.
:beerchug2:

It was VERY windy but I had a blast and I got to find out somethings about my car.

Car has a 2.6 pulley, JLT CAI, and a 2.5 catlass/ cat back exhaust and wot box.

Suspension it has a set of strange shocks and cobra jet springs along with UPR/LCA.

Tires are 275,50,15 NT555r and fronts are a set of Hoosier skinneys.

I got several passes but here are my 3 best.

On this pass I left at 3500 RPM and I spun

60 FT 2.0
1/8 ET 7.7
1/8 MPH 100.4
1/4 ET 11.6
1/4 MPH 121.9

This on I left at 3300 RPM and again spun. Now on one of these passes whether it was the first or the second one you see I left the WOT BOX off. I really wish I could remember which one it was, But if you see I gained a whole bunch of MPH on this pass.

60 FT 2.0
1/8 ET 7.6
1/8 MPH 95
1/4 ET 11.6
1/4 MPH 125.6

And finally my last pass I left at 2500 RPM which seemed to work the best.

60 FT 1.8
1/8 ET 7.4
1/8 MPH 99
1/4 ET 11.4
1/4 MPH 123.1

I would love to go back down there with some ET streets or slicks but I probably wont because the car will be going away for winter. And I am doing a KB or Whipple build.

Bad Intention

forum member
Reaction score
Nice time not bad for 1st time out. You will see alot better 60' with ET streets. What size blowers are you looking @?

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
Nice time not bad for 1st time out. You will see alot better 60' with ET streets. What size blowers are you looking @?

Looking for 1000WHP or close to it and any of the KB / Whipple systems will get you there with the right supporting mods.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Nice times, the wind seemed to die down alot by the end of the day...too bad too because it got real nice out.

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
Nice times, the wind seemed to die down alot by the end of the day...too bad too because it got real nice out.
Hey nice meeting you, Your car ran strong. Yea the wind was a bit of a bitch but over all it was a nice day out.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to be there this weekend but summit sent me the wrong wheels :(

I'll be back next week or the week after.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Hey nice meeting you, Your car ran strong. Yea the wind was a bit of a bitch but over all it was a nice day out.

Was it a head wind? I just want to comfort myself that I made the right decision not to go down.

I am going to try to go this weekend. Supposed to be a sunny cool day. Optimum drag race weather.

Nice times. You don't take it out much here in town, do you? I have yet to see it!

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
The wind started out blowing sideways, and they only were allowing 1/8th mile passes, but it died down a bit and they ran the full track. The boards kept going out and they had constant power surges.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, that wind was brutal on Saturday. I think conditions were better on the Thursday test and tune we all went to two weeks earlier.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice times..You must be around 550 whp right? I think your mph should be closer to 128 or so no? 11.4 first time out is damn good though man..

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
I was going to be there this weekend but summit sent me the wrong wheels :(

I'll be back next week or the week after.

Hey Seer, There was a white 5.0 there with full bolt ons and slicks which I thought was you. But it looks like I was wrong lol

Nice times. You don't take it out much here in town, do you? I have yet to see it!

No she doesn't hit Pittsburgh too much. I run bigs and skinny's all the time so I like to keep the miles off her.

Nice times man.

Thank ya

Not bad! It will definitely need stickier tires!

I agree!

Nice times..You must be around 550 whp right? I think your mph should be closer to 128 or so no? 11.4 first time out is damn good though man..

My MPH is just about right, I checked the 1/4 list on SVTP and it falls right in line with everyone's time slips. And thanks, It was a lot of fun.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back