2011 TSB Thread

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
Rear drive axle vent - oil leak

I brought the car in for this TSB a couple of weeks ago because I noticed a leak when lowering. Turns out that TSB was already done before. They fixed a different way with different parts. Looks like a primer ball sticking up from the axle now. Just wanted to let others know that you may still have the issue after the TSB.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I brought the car in for this TSB a couple of weeks ago because I noticed a leak when lowering. Turns out that TSB was already done before. They fixed a different way with different parts. Looks like a primer ball sticking up from the axle now. Just wanted to let others know that you may still have the issue after the TSB.

Your vehicle had TSB 12-5-8 performed.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score

No 12-8-15. Axle vent leak.

Take a deep breath, step back from your PC and read both TSBs. If you have a the new style breather sticking up from the axle as you stated in your previous post they performed TSB 12-5-8 - not TSB 12-8-15. TSB 12-8-15 doesn't even call for a new breather.

Here's a picture of the new breather as per TSB 12-5-8

Read them both since I have now posted them both

Attachments

• tsb12-05-08.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
Nice way to come across. Whatever, just trying to point out that whatever the first TSB for the rear axle was done on my car (according to dealer). It didn't work so now I have the primer ball thing. I was informing others that if they have the first one that they should check to make sure it wasn't leaking again. Capeesh?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Sync - various functionality concerns - built on or before 7/1/2012

Tsb 12-08-19

Attachments

• tsb12-08-19.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Grunt/creak/chirp/squeak noise from the front lower control arm over bumps

Tsb 12-08-24

Attachments

• tsb12-08-24.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 106

Retro5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Automatic transmission - 2-3 and 4-5 upshift harsh- flare - harsh or delayed reverse engagement - built on or before 12/20/2010

Just noticed this on my 2011 recently. Has anyone had this TSB done on their car? Do you need to remove the tune from your car to have this done. Or can you leave the car tuned?

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Just noticed this on my 2011 recently. Has anyone had this TSB done on their car? Do you need to remove the tune from your car to have this done. Or can you leave the car tuned?

I had this issue, then got a different brand aftermarket tune on my car and it went away.

Retro5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll get the shop that tuned my car to check it out first.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
Which car? LOL.?

my '10 had it, now my '12 has it. so far, graphite based spray lube has helped. i'm afraid that a control arm replacement is in my future though.

the real coin toss is to let the stealership do it for free, or eat the roughly $160 it would take to just buy the parts myself and do it without the worry of them messing with it.

oh what i'd give to have a service dept worth a crap within an hours drive from me.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Ah. I haven't noticed this on mine. I seem to have been pretty fortunate.

I did have to have the pressure plate boots replaced though. What I did is called the service manager and asked him to order the parts first. Then just call me when they were in. After a touch of hesitation he agree. They only had my car about five hours. You could always try that approach.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
i'd be able to ignore mine if i didn't live in an apartment complex and have to go over a half dozen speed bumps going in and out.

i'm not worried about the time it takes to get parts and do the repair. i just hate taking it someplace that doesn't treat my stuff as carefully as i do. the shops around here just want you out the door. they don't care if they've fixed the problem or not. they also don't treat the cars with enough care for my liking.

besides, with that TSB being revised to include all 2010+ cars, they obviously don't have a revised part that fixes the issue. i'd rather try to lube the bushings that are in the car than replace the control arms just because the bushings are non-serviceable. a good argument for replacing them myself is to keep the old ones to experiment with.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
All valid points. I understand about them not taking care of it. Fortunately I have a pretty friendly dealer here that always takes very good care of my stuff.

JDos1

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere on the site.....Recall on select Automatic 2012-2013's for failure to illuminate back up lights when trans is placed in reverse...

Make: FORD Model: MUSTANG Model Year: 2012 Manufacturer: FORD MOTOR COMPANY Report Receipt Date: MAY 03, 2012 NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 12V190000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM) Summary:
spacer.gif
FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011-2012 FORD F-150, 2012 EXPEDITION AND LINCOLN NAVIGATOR, AND 2012-2013 MUSTANG VEHICLES, FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NOS. 102, "TRANSMISSION SHIFT LEVER SEQUENCE, STARTER INTERLOCK, AND TRANSMISSION BRAKING EFFECT" AND 108 “LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.” THESE VEHICLES MAY HAVE A TRANSMISSION RANGE SENSOR (TRS) THAT WAS CALIBRATED OUT OF SPECIFICATION FOR REVERSE GEAR. Consequence:
spacer.gif
IF THIS CONDITION EXISTS, THE TRANSMISSION MAY NOT GO INTO REVERSE OR WHEN THE DRIVER PUSHES THE SHIFT LEVER IN THE REVERSE “R” POSITION AND THE VEHICLE’S TRANSMISSION DOES GO IN REVERSE, THE “R” MAY NOT ILLUMINATE ON THE DASHBOARD OF THE F-150, EXPEDITION, OR NAVIGATOR MODELS AND/OR THE BACKUP LAMP ON THE REAR OF THE F-150, EXPEDITION, NAVIGATOR, OR MUSTANG VEHICLES MAY NOT ILLUMINATE. THESE CONDITIONS INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH OR A PEDESTRIAN BEING STRUCK DUE TO THE VEHICLE’S NOT SIGNALING IT IS IN REVERSE.

FiveLeeter

forum member
Reaction score
Question about TSB 11-10-17

I have a 2011 Mustang GT, and mine squeaks when going over bumps, but only when it is below 45*F outside. Is this hydro bushing temperature sensitive? If it is above 50*, I have no sqeaking, but if it is below that, I experience the sqeak all the time.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
Question about TSB 11-10-17

I have a 2011 Mustang GT, and mine squeaks when going over bumps, but only when it is below 45*F outside. Is this hydro bushing temperature sensitive? If it is above 50*, I have no sqeaking, but if it is below that, I experience the sqeak all the time.

not at all.. i've had two different cars do it when it was hot out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back