2013 on the way!!!!!!

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
C6 ZO6 is sexy. I was thinking about a few until I had the idea to by a side by side and keep my car. Now the idea of a new 5.0 is lingering around again

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
You won't do it, tease!!!!!!!

Once the 13's hit lots around here and they want 12's gone I will. But first I have to recoup some money lol I have put more miles on this in the past few weeks than my car
27aedae5.jpg

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, they just run about 10-12mph off pace stock. They are heavily limited on the internals and if you think the trans is better; well you live in ignorance. A few random people on a small forum have an issue and all of a sudden the sky is falling. Guess what; Ford also fixes them under warranty IF they have an issue. Abiet they shift MUCH smoother and have a higher rating.

Being emotionally tied to a dated platform is childish at best. I got a nice one for a lot less than a new 5.0; but it's not zero miles. I still spent $4k in upgrades to not even run like a STOCK 5.0.

I wish I wasn't as deep in as I am to just off the damn thing.

How bout we list the 3v car's issues?

noisey valvetrain
rattling thow out bearings
rattling dust shield/flex plate issues
shaker systems with bad draws
bad batteries
alternator issues
tps sensor issues
throttle body problems
noisy driveshaft
older heads with poor oiling passages wiping cams
crap rods
some BS crank
cheaper tensioners/guides than even the older mod cars
worse transmission ratios
still junk remote shifter
Oh, and damn near every one smokes on startup

I've dealt with half the freaking list already in a low milage one owner car.

You want a nice one? They aren't free you know. CLEAN examples still cost close to 20k and blue book the same. You want it to run with what's out of showrooms without nitrous and not just some geared to death drag car? Get out your wallet. Better investment to buy the 5.0

This # 8 crap is ridiculous. Window a 3v and MAYBE crack a ringland on a 5.0 and tell me which one is cheaper to fix and how fast you went doing it.

I agree with some of the issues, but I'm not arguing that the 5.0's don't run good. I'm just arguing the 3v's aren't junk you make them out to be., if they are then get rid of your 06 and go join the Camaro fanboys and bitch about how shitty mustangs are with them, or better yet go join the JDM guys. Also being said if you spent 4k in upgrades and can't run with a stock 5.0 you're a complete failure. I have less than that in mods and can run with stock 5.0's if not beat them. a modded 5.0 no. You must've spent your 4k in looks blinging it up

And enjoy your low ass redline to boot

considering a tune easily changes that that point is invalid.

edit: so being tied to an old platform is childish? So the guys that have 60's mustangs and foxes that love them are childish? Those are older platforms; so I guess they are,........ Really? Because it's old you can't like it or love it? You sound like a spoiled kid to me.

Last edited:

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Trust me, I don't think anyone is going to hate on you for wanting a Z06. If I could afford one I would get one....scratch that, if I could afford modding it like I do my 2011 I would get one.

The only people who should hate on the 5.0 are the 2010 owners like I was and yes I was butt hurt when the 2011's came out. To each their own, in the end they're all mustangs.
Fa sho my nig! I will still have my 3v no matter what lol so if I get the z06 then the 3v will still be there to be enjoyed.
C6 ZO6 is sexy. I was thinking about a few until I had the idea to by a side by side and keep my car. Now the idea of a new 5.0 is lingering around again
Yes the z06 is damn sexy. I work at the Omni Hotel Downtown in Austin and there are always guys pulling up in those. Actually it rarely happens I just remember every single one that does pull up. I am always telling them I have a gt mustang that will run with em (stock z06 that is LOL)

I agree with some of the issues, but I'm not arguing that the 5.0's don't run good. I'm just arguing the 3v's aren't junk you make them out to be., if they are then get rid of your 06 and go join the Camaro fanboys and bitch about how shitty mustangs are with them, or better yet go join the JDM guys. Also being said if you spent 4k in upgrades and can't run with a stock 5.0 you're a complete failure. I have less than that in mods and can run with stock 5.0's if not beat them. a modded 5.0 no. You must've spent your 4k in looks blinging it up

edit: so being tied to an old platform is childish? So the guys that have 60's mustangs and foxes that love them are childish? Those are older platforms; so I guess they are,........ Really? Because it's old you can't like it or love it? You sound like a spoiled kid to me.
Yea this guy needs to chill out haha I agree with you.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I paid $4 a gallon for gas today. The last time that happened was in 2008. Mustangs didn't sell and the incentives were huge. If gas doesn't go down anytime soon we may see a return to lots full of Mustangs, Foci moving at sticker due to panic, and dealers wanting to make room for cars that are selling.

This summer might be the time to get a 2013.

This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping to capitalize on! :beer:

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score

No bling here broseph. Want a break down?

New Vortech V3 Si non intercooled < biggest problem
$3200 *and a SMOKIN DEAL at that
MGW shifter since the stockers blow $250
Eibach sportlines to kill the wheelhop $250
Corsa axlebacks traded up for the trucknight SLP's $ 150
HTO plugs, gap tool, fluids..etc..

I know math is tough an all... I COULD add another $900 for some sticky tires and wider wheels but I'll leave that 'bling' out.

Made good looking #s in my sig on a cool day during a one gear dyno pull. Buddy dynoed his tuned, JLT, catback 5.0 the same day. He made WAY more TQ under the curve and wasn't affected by the air as much for his benifit. I peaked 2hp over him.

Go to the track and by the time you run it through 4th you have heat soaked the piss out of it and it runs worse than the 5.0 STOCK; not the 5.0 who you made 2 more hp than but ran 7mph slower.

I could EASILY plant an LS1 boot up your ass; as I've built a few with my brother. GM = displacement. I've had alll types of n/a and turbo cars, and 3 different blown h/c/i mustangs from 5.0s to 4v cars. Nothing has sucked like a 3v.

A tune could fix my redline eh? LOL. You want to know when you start tossing the rods out? When you start trying to twist them past the sad 6100/6200 they hit cutoff at. Go shift a blown one at 7300+ and see how long it lives on stock internals.:bs:

Putting down new things because you are bent on an old car is childish. I only see 60s mustangs at car shows wiping them off with the rest of the over body modded new cars. BREAKING NEWS!! 2005-2009 isn't considered nostalgic. It's nothing more than an older used car. In 20yrs when you're still trying to buy a 3v maybe...but they will go the way of the 2v 4.6. Everyone is just DYING to find one of those right?! Not when you can buy the slightly newer better platform.

Thanks for calling me spoiled though. I'll remember that the next time I make my car payment :asskiss2:

Finding the heaviest, most un aerodynamic car and and adding the smallest engine = 3v mustang lol.

Guess I'll be off being an ls1 fanboy in my vette....hopefully.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
I will have an lsx car next time. I love mustangs but lsx= bigger displacement and make good numbers. Ford has habit of sticking small 4.6 in cars, up till the 5.0 came out. I like my 3v but my cousins modded ls1 ss camaro will tear my ass a new one.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
His car cost 7k with mods. And mine costed 12,500. And his by far faster, but mine handles better and interior is way better. I am currently building him aluminum 6.0 to put in his camaro, hitting it with a 200 wet shot nx kit.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
No bling here broseph. Want a break down?

New Vortech V3 Si non intercooled < biggest problem
$3200 *and a SMOKIN DEAL at that
MGW shifter since the stockers blow $250
Eibach sportlines to kill the wheelhop $250
Corsa axlebacks traded up for the trucknight SLP's $ 150
HTO plugs, gap tool, fluids..etc..

I know math is tough an all... I COULD add another $900 for some sticky tires and wider wheels but I'll leave that 'bling' out.

Made good looking #s in my sig on a cool day during a one gear dyno pull. Buddy dynoed his tuned, JLT, catback 5.0 the same day. He made WAY more TQ under the curve and wasn't affected by the air as much for his benifit. I peaked 2hp over him.

Go to the track and by the time you run it through 4th you have heat soaked the piss out of it and it runs worse than the 5.0 STOCK; not the 5.0 who you made 2 more hp than but ran 7mph slower.

I could EASILY plant an LS1 boot up your ass; as I've built a few with my brother. GM = displacement. I've had alll types of n/a and turbo cars, and 3 different blown h/c/i mustangs from 5.0s to 4v cars. Nothing has sucked like a 3v.

A tune could fix my redline eh? LOL. You want to know when you start tossing the rods out? When you start trying to twist them past the sad 6100/6200 they hit cutoff at. Go shift a blown one at 7300+ and see how long it lives on stock internals.:bs:

Putting down new things because you are bent on an old car is childish. I only see 60s mustangs at car shows wiping them off with the rest of the over body modded new cars. BREAKING NEWS!! 2005-2009 isn't considered nostalgic. It's nothing more than an older used car. In 20yrs when you're still trying to buy a 3v maybe...but they will go the way of the 2v 4.6. Everyone is just DYING to find one of those right?! Not when you can buy the slightly newer better platform.

Thanks for calling me spoiled though. I'll remember that the next time I make my car payment :asskiss2:

Finding the heaviest, most un aerodynamic car and and adding the smallest engine = 3v mustang lol.

Guess I'll be off being an ls1 fanboy in my vette....hopefully.

I never said 05-09 was nostalgic, those are your words not mine. I just said they weren't junk. You seem to be missing that point. As far as your numbers, dyno's don't mean shit; any real racer will tell you that. They are only good for tuning. The real proof is at the track. So if you're having problems then A.) your tuner is shitty and B.) the fact that your too cheap to spend the extra grand for an intercooler and you bitch because it gets heat soaked and doesn't perform. I know common sense is tough and all, but It sounds like the problem lies between the steering wheel and the seat. Don't get too hung up on numbers "broseph" A good driver can beat a faster car with a bad driver. Proof is there. And congrats on your knowledge of the car world and what the future holds on values and peoples future desires. Can you tell me what the next mega millions numbers are?Since you have such grand insight of the future please share. It's rather sad you think the classics are worthless and all those that own them are childish. I'm glad your so lucky you can just run out and get the newest thing if you want it. Good for you.
I guess in essence you're childish in the fact you own an 06 and put all that money into something you hate. In reality that would make you more stupid than childish. That would be like me pouring thousands into a boat and bitching because there is no water here. So my question is , if they suck why did you buy one to start with? Why bitch about it, let alone come on this forum as a newb and blast them?

I could personally care less about what you and your brother have built, and the LS1 boot you plan on sticking up my ass .You can take your LS1 and shove it up your own ass along with all your other "fast" cars you've built that you speak of trying to build your credibility when all the while your supercharged car can barely peak a stock 5.0. sounds like I wouldn't want you wrenching anywhere near my rides.

I am done fucking up this thread arguing with a with this idiot. So go buy the vette, sell your POS 3v and gtfo out of here.

Respond all you like, but I won't fuck up Ultra's thread anymore. So take that as victory or defeat. However you see fit.

Last edited:

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I paid $4 a gallon for gas today. The last time that happened was in 2008. Mustangs didn't sell and the incentives were huge. If gas doesn't go down anytime soon we may see a return to lots full of Mustangs, Foci moving at sticker due to panic, and dealers wanting to make room for cars that are selling.

This summer might be the time to get a 2013.

Your just paying 4.00 a gallon now haha I wish I lived where you did. Gas is having between 4.45-4.59 for 87 by me lol.

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score
...ask any real racer

freakin paul walker on the boards. I'll scan my timeslip in for you and you can let me know. I guess I've done other things in life than live on this forum so clearly I'm a noob.

An idiot noob that didn't spend an ADDITIONAL $1500+ on an intercooled kit!

Lol..what a joke

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back