2013 on the way!!!!!!

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I love black cars.

I have three in black. Likely the only color, save navy that I would have by choice. Especially if you like washing and making them pretty.

I know he likes black.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Damn Darren, I hate that after all that waiting it turned out like it did. Hopefully you figure out something that makes you happy.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am very surpised that was released like that. Ford has gotten better at catching shit like this lately. Looks like they missed this one. Sorry to hear man...

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
I am very surpised that was released like that. Ford has gotten better at catching shit like this lately. Looks like they missed this one. Sorry to hear man...

it was most likely damaged in transit, so no way for the factory to catch it.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
it was most likely damaged in transit, so no way for the factory to catch it.

Orange peel and paint runs didn't happen in transit..

This sucks ultra, good luck in whatever you decide to do. Now is a good time to reinvent the TG you already have. Aluminator and boost....

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

This sucks ultra, good luck in whatever you decide to do. Now is a good time to reinvent the TG you already have. Aluminator and boost....

This^^..Like I said, I am surprised it made it out of the factory like that, especially a brand new model, those are scrutinized even more..

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the kind and funny replies. I appreciate it. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise??? Who knows? I will put a little money back into the 07 and give this some time until I actually decide to revisit the possibility of a new one.

I'm not upset with Ford. Things happen sometimes beyond control. It'll all work out.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Man, just got caught up on this thread. That friggin SUCKS man! But why not just order another one? I'd be willing to bet you'd get a better price since the first one sucked and you have had to wait so long.

Me personally, I love my car. But I'm seriously thinking of getting a 2014 GT500 when they come out. Wait a bit to see if there are any major issues with the 2013's.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score

orange peel has been on every single assembly line mass produced new car since they started painting with robots. it's a fact and should be expected.

however, i was addressing the scratch in the hood and the wheel well damage, both of which probably happened in transit.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
orange peel has been on every single assembly line mass produced new car since they started painting with robots. it's a fact and should be expected.

however, i was addressing the scratch in the hood and the wheel well damage, both of which probably happened in transit.

Ya, I feel the OP has an unreasonable expectation in regards to orange peel. I just detailed a murcielago this week, it looked better than my Shelby but not much.

I am curious how this Aventador will look.

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score
They actually have more orange peel on newer cars on purpose. You think they can't get a robot to get paint to lay even? Cut and buff if you want ultra glass; but that's not really the case.

More orange peel allows more light to reflect, especially on a mettallic. In the right lighting conditions (especially with a touch of dust) the 10+ cars can look cloudy in the hard reflections.

I noticed this on a buddys FLAWLESS kona 12 car the other day. Move your head 2 inches and it goes away and the paint is as deep as an ocean.

If you really want it like glass; have them cut and buff it. It's mostly in the beltline.

Id have them PDR those quarters, send me a new hood and make them revamp the trans. Friend had trans issues too; he was also quite pissed. But they took care of it and he's happy as can be. It's a fantastic car really.

Every new car is going to have some flaw; esp during small design changes. Honestly; the real issue is with that dealer and the dealer prep. NO WAY would I have let you see that car until I had gone over and signed off on it. That's the whole reason it exists.

Bitch at Ford BAD. Go to another dealer and get your car. If that's what you truely wanted in the first place.

If not. Blower first no matter what! I did and it was the turning point for the car.

Good luck!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back