2013 on the way!!!!!!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I paid $4 a gallon for gas today. The last time that happened was in 2008. Mustangs didn't sell and the incentives were huge. If gas doesn't go down anytime soon we may see a return to lots full of Mustangs, Foci moving at sticker due to panic, and dealers wanting to make room for cars that are selling.

This summer might be the time to get a 2013.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Btw if you feel dumping money in that 3v is a better idea you are out of your freaking mind.

This is a piss poor attitude, 3v cars are fine. At least the number 8's stay in tact and the transmissions don't clunk around. Design change yadda yadda, it's in it's 3rd year model, this should be fixed by now. So whatever. I like the 5.0's and they run great I will probably eventually have one, but sometimes it kills me how all the sudden someone's got a 5.0 and they're superior and 3v's are automatically junk.

They're still great cars! Just because Ford came out with something new and different don't make the 3v cars any less than what they were.

Agree 100%

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I like the 3V cars and they are still a lot of fun. Bonus, everyone is selling their mods for DIRT CHEAP right now so it's a good time to be a 3V owner.

That said, the 100 extra horsepower was too much for me to pass up. :evillaugh:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
This is a piss poor attitude, 3v cars are fine. At least the number 8's stay in tact and the transmissions don't clunk around. Design change yadda yadda, it's in it's 3rd year model, this should be fixed by now. So whatever. I like the 5.0's and they run great I will probably eventually have one, but sometimes it kills me how all the sudden someone's got a 5.0 and they're superior and 3v's are automatically junk.

Agree 100%

Oh, I will probably have one evintually as well. But, not to replace my 3v, to add it to the stable. I'm still having too much fun with my 3v, and can't wait to get my 89 Fox 5.0 vert back on the road.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
For you guys that daily drive your cars, I get getting a newer car. But for guys like Darren, what's better than a relatively cheap, paid for car that's pristine and cheaper to mod than paying for a new car. Cheap hobby.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
I like my little 3v. Does the job just fine. I'm not in a position to buy a new 5.0. I got a little on the way. Heck the 3v is a nice car makes decent power, heck better than the old 2v 4.6, and even comparible to the 03-04 Mach 1 4v. They run decent with ls1 cars. In all I think they are decent cars you can get them at good prices, and right now you can mod them for cheap. Not taking away from the 5.0 they are awesome cars but some of us just can't afford them. Ultra can but I guess he is taking a step back and addressing the situation lol. :)

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I'm just getting fucking tired of my car lol. I am probably gonna step into something else here pretty quick. I'm either going to get something for around 5k or so and pay it off real quick then step into something new or just go all out immediately. I am kinda eyeing a new 5.0 myself. My dad wants my 3v so I will just give it to him probably

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score

Agree 100%

Yeah, they just run about 10-12mph off pace stock. They are heavily limited on the internals and if you think the trans is better; well you live in ignorance. A few random people on a small forum have an issue and all of a sudden the sky is falling. Guess what; Ford also fixes them under warranty IF they have an issue. Abiet they shift MUCH smoother and have a higher rating.

Being emotionally tied to a dated platform is childish at best. I got a nice one for a lot less than a new 5.0; but it's not zero miles. I still spent $4k in upgrades to not even run like a STOCK 5.0.

I wish I wasn't as deep in as I am to just off the damn thing.

How bout we list the 3v car's issues?

noisey valvetrain
rattling thow out bearings
rattling dust shield/flex plate issues
shaker systems with bad draws
bad batteries
alternator issues
tps sensor issues
throttle body problems
noisy driveshaft
older heads with poor oiling passages wiping cams
crap rods
some BS crank
cheaper tensioners/guides than even the older mod cars
worse transmission ratios
still junk remote shifter
Oh, and damn near every one smokes on startup

I've dealt with half the freaking list already in a low milage one owner car.

You want a nice one? They aren't free you know. CLEAN examples still cost close to 20k and blue book the same. You want it to run with what's out of showrooms without nitrous and not just some geared to death drag car? Get out your wallet. Better investment to buy the 5.0

This # 8 crap is ridiculous. Window a 3v and MAYBE crack a ringland on a 5.0 and tell me which one is cheaper to fix and how fast you went doing it.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
Probably get flamed for this but I will probably cross over to the dark side and get a lsx car for my next sports car. My cousin has a 01 ss camaro with bolt ons and a mild cam and he is almost at 400 rwhp. I know the new 5.0 is better but just can't see myself affording one right now.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Yeah, they just run about 10-12mph off pace stock. They are heavily limited on the internals and if you think the trans is better; well you live in ignorance. A few random people on a small forum have an issue and all of a sudden the sky is falling. Guess what; Ford also fixes them under warranty IF they have an issue. Abiet they shift MUCH smoother and have a higher rating.

Being emotionally tied to a dated platform is childish at best. I got a nice one for a lot less than a new 5.0; but it's not zero miles. I still spent $4k in upgrades to not even run like a STOCK 5.0.

I wish I wasn't as deep in as I am to just off the damn thing.

How bout we list the 3v car's issues?

noisey valvetrain
rattling thow out bearings
rattling dust shield/flex plate issues
shaker systems with bad draws
bad batteries
alternator issues
tps sensor issues
throttle body problems
noisy driveshaft
older heads with poor oiling passages wiping cams
crap rods
some BS crank
cheaper tensioners/guides than even the older mod cars
worse transmission ratios
still junk remote shifter
Oh, and damn near every one smokes on startup

I've dealt with half the freaking list already in a low milage one owner car.

You want a nice one? They aren't free you know. CLEAN examples still cost close to 20k and blue book the same. You want it to run with what's out of showrooms without nitrous and not just some geared to death drag car? Get out your wallet. Better investment to buy the 5.0

This # 8 crap is ridiculous. Window a 3v and MAYBE crack a ringland on a 5.0 and tell me which one is cheaper to fix and how fast you went doing it.
You have a few points that I can agree with but ultimately you are hating entirely waaaaaay too much on the 3v's LOL. The 3v is a great car. Personally I don't think I will ever buy another one but I have driven one since 06 so I am just ready for something new. IMO the new 5.0 is a better car but shit look at the old 5.0's, they absolutely blow dick in most ppl's opinions and most would say the 3v is 1000 fold better. Many-a-different way to look at it bro

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Probably get flamed for this but I will probably cross over to the dark side and get a lsx car for my next sports car. My cousin has a 01 ss camaro with bolt ons and a mild cam and he is almost at 400 rwhp. I know the new 5.0 is better but just can't see myself affording one right now.

Who gives a shit? I want a c6 z06 more than anything right now lol I don't give a damn who hates on me for that. The c6 z06 is one of the baddest ass cars on the planet to me

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Britton, hanky doesn't hate on the 3v anymore than Darren hated on the 5.0 lol.

garner

forum member
Reaction score
I'd take any v8 whether it be the old 5.0, non pi 2v, pi 2v, 4v, 4v sc, 3v, or the coyote 5.0 lol. I even like the 4.0 v6 and the 3.8 is decent too lol. Hell when I turn 18 I wanna get a mustang in my own name and I don't care whether it's v6 or v8. Just gonna be something to keep miles off the truck and less gas $$

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
I'd take any v8 whether it be the old 5.0, non pi 2v, pi 2v, 4v, 4v sc, 3v, or the coyote 5.0 lol. I even like the 4.0 v6 and the 3.8 is decent too lol. Hell when I turn 18 I wanna get a mustang in my own name and I don't care whether it's v6 or v8. Just gonna be something to keep miles off the truck and less gas $$

Find a fox body 4cyl

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Who gives a shit? I want a c6 z06 more than anything right now lol I don't give a damn who hates on me for that. The c6 z06 is one of the baddest ass cars on the planet to me

Trust me, I don't think anyone is going to hate on you for wanting a Z06. If I could afford one I would get one....scratch that, if I could afford modding it like I do my 2011 I would get one.

The only people who should hate on the 5.0 are the 2010 owners like I was and yes I was butt hurt when the 2011's came out. To each their own, in the end they're all mustangs.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back