2015 Hot Rod Power Tour

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Dates and locations announced here
http://www.hotrod.com/news/hot-rod-power-tour-2015-dates-locations-registration-and-faq/

What are the HOT ROD Power Tour dates and cities for 2015?
June 6 – Alliant Energy Center, Madison, Wisconsin
June 7 – Parkland College, Champaign, Illinois
June 8 – Gateway Motorsports Park, Madison, Illinois (St. Louis)
June 9 – Memphis International Raceway, Memphis, Tennessee
June 10 – Hoover Metropolitan Stadium, Hoover / Birmingham, Alabama
June 11 - TBD
June 12 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
June 13 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center – LONG HAULERS ONLY*
*Saturday, June 13th, is not open to the general public. The venue will only open for the Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler ceremony.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/news/hot-rod-...locations-registration-and-faq/#ixzz3LY1QyAz5
Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

I did a couple stops last year and although the venues were frustrating with traffic jams, it was a blast to cruise with all those awesome cars. I'm planning to do the first couple stops for sure in 2015.

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Local start... I need to plan for at least a couple legs!

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a good route. I long hauled in 2012 and it was amazing. However these aren't doing it for me. Too many places I've already been. I'll wait it out for 2016.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I think it's hard for them to find venues that can handle this size event. Some of the stops last year were a complete cluster because they were not ready for the number of cars.

If anyone lives near the route I highly recommend checking it out.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to do this. I just never understood why a magazine based in socal could never plan something over here.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
I will be going again this year...only missed one time (2014) since 2007. I agree though some of these stops are getting stale. I'd be cool with them starting in say Indy or St.Louis and heading straight west along route 66 or something.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
Meeting some guys tonight to register and decide on hotel rooms. Anyone else decide to go?

So far I've got a '13 Vette Gran Sport, model A hot rod, 70's model Lincoln, 30's Chevy sedan, and one other guy (not sure what he'll drive) going with me.

redline8k

Reaction score
I think our group of people will be going. I have a 2014 gt, other cars include 93 lightning (650HP), 79 trans am bandit style with a built 400, 2006 vette. possibly a 2015 ecoboost mustang. cars under construction... 69 firebird convert, 73 mustang Grande.
we long halled last year in the lightning it was a blast but fuel costs were nuts...lol

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have trouble getting hotel rooms booked? We got ours booked but of the 7-8 years I've gone I don't ever remember having this much trouble! Also don't remember spending this much on rooms! Bastards jack the rates up and rip off the tour participants...but its worth it ;)

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have trouble getting hotel rooms booked? We got ours booked but of the 7-8 years I've gone I don't ever remember having this much trouble! Also don't remember spending this much on rooms! Bastards jack the rates up and rip off the tour participants...but its worth it ;)

No, but I booked mine about 3 weeks ago.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in for the long haul this year!! Look for me in my '13 GT500 with IL plates "LOL ZL 1"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back