2015 Mustang at Cars and Coffee

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
got to be honest it looks too much of a "bitsa" design. Design elements of the Mondeo(Fusion?)/Jag XF/Audi A5, A7/Hyundai Coupe/Nissan GTR/Mazda6 and so on and so on. You could argue that emulating some of those is no bad thing and in some regards you'd be right, if this were a Jap/Korean car but this an icon and should be a trend setter and not a follower.

From my perspect I'd love to see the Mustang with a coherent design and individuality so that in profile, head-on what-ever you can say THAT'S a Mustang. Just my 2c

05yellowgt

Reaction score
To me the 2015 is much more an evolution of the 13-14 design than it is taken from any other car currently out there. The front ends are very similar, but with a rear fascia that does share common design themes with the Fusion, which took its design language from the Evos concept. The rear end is very much an evolution of the 13-14 rear end, with the lower fascia of the Evos Concept. Then you come to the profile view. A fastback profile is going to look like a fastback profile, otherwise it wouldn't be a fastback by definition. It just so happens that the Civic coupe is also a fastback. That is the only reason they look similar. The faux scoop leading the rear wheel disappeared in order to allow for the "widebody" fenders that will allow the 335/345 wheels we have so dreamed about. The IRS also is what we can get the fat rear tires in back, better packaging.

I think many are victims of buying into the hype of a very much more radical design that was rumored to come out and people feel either underwhelmed, or hostile towards what they see as European design language.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
I feeling the back end. I think Ford made up for the ugly 10-14 backs :)

:mad2: how dare you sir, lol.
Im just not a fan of front or rear and to me the cabin appears pushed to rearward. I dont know if the lines just make it look that way or what

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
:mad2: how dare you sir, lol.
Im just not a fan of front or rear and to me the cabin appears pushed to rearward. I dont know if the lines just make it look that way or what

Maybe a little bit but it's hard to tell since so many angles are different.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
^ you cant look at those pics and tell me the newer is better looking!! Well you can, but I wont believe you. Either way hope it sells well for Ford

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
I think another way to put it is when I saw the S197 I thought "WOW!!!!!!!" when I saw the S550 I thought "meh, whatever".

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Love the looks but it sounds like a delivery truck, the GT emblem on the deck lid is tacky and the blackout panel should be matte/satin.

Anti chrome

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I think it looks bad ass. I'd love to have one if I had the money. Generally people that buy a model year before a new generation are negative about a refresh.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Here's a couple of Ford's pictures that I changed the Mustang color to Gotta Have It Green, well, as close to the color as I could.

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
you cant deface the best color there with that moldy green lime color.. hehe

yellow is best.

attachment.php

NY46tripleYellow800.jpg

I can picture me making my paddle shifter button yellow too! I cant wait!!! the ideas are endless.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
you cant deface the best color there with that moldy green lime color.. hehe

yellow is best.

attachment.php

I can picture me making my paddle shifter button yellow too! I cant wait!!! the ideas are endless.

Big Bird called, said he wants his color back!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I like the yellow, but it's too bad that Ford isn't offering grabber blue or gotta have it green on the S550. Maybe in a couple of years.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It's not bad looking but I would have to be in love with it to buy it.
When the 05 mustang came out I was IN LOVE with the exterior.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I could photoshop the 2015 in Grabber Blue if you would like...

Sure thing Ryan. If you get bored and have a minute, go for it. I'd love to see what it would look like. The GHIG potoshop you did on the S550 looks great.

I bet (hope) that when Ford introduces the special edition models in the next couple of years, we'll see some of the brighter colors come back.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back