2016 gt350

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
For the Corvette I'd skip the Tremec parts and go straight to Albins. But if you want a bolt-in solution, they are available for the S197.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Enough about brakes! I wanna know when these things are gonna come out and for how many years are they planning on making them.. cause who knows they may decide to throw some better stuff at it for the second go around.. God I wish they would put an auto with a paddle shift in it!!

WAT

Wat8.jpg

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
That would be awful for track racing.

Now a sequential transmission is something I could get behind hehehe
Why is that? Why would they have them in the exotics.. and er f1 cars if they were so awful? They make for more consistent times and shifts.. I mean why would they decide to put the new auto in the vette?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Why is that? Why would they have them in the exotics.. and er f1 cars if they were so awful? They make for more consistent times and shifts.. I mean why would they decide to put the new auto in the vette?

Because the ford A6 is nowhere near the performance setup that exotics are. Paddle shifters do not make for a "flappy paddle gearbox".

You can put paddle shifters on a Turbo 350. It doesn't make is a flappy paddle box. It simply moves the shifter from the console to the steering column.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score

Dude... F1 uses a sequential transmission with electronic paddle shifters. It has a clutch and is a manual transmission, but the shift linkage is operated by electronics. Those electronics are activated by the paddle shifters. F1 DOES NOT use an automatic transmission.

This is from the F1 webpage here: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_f1_racing/5280.html
"The gearboxes of modern Formula One cars are now highly automated with drivers selecting gears ‘seamlessly’ via paddles fitted behind the steering wheel. The 'sequential' gearboxes used are very similar in principle to those of motorbikes, allowing gear changes to be made far faster than with the traditional ‘H’ gate selector, with the gearbox selectors operated electrically. Despite such high levels of technology, fully automatic transmission systems, and gearbox-related wizardry such as launch control, are illegal - a measure designed to keep costs down and place more emphasis on driver skill. Transmissions - which must have eight forward gears, the ratios having been chosen before the season - bolt directly to the back of the engine."

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
Because the ford A6 is nowhere near the performance setup that exotics are. Paddle shifters do not make for a "flappy paddle gearbox".

You can put paddle shifters on a Turbo 350. It doesn't make is a flappy paddle box. It simply moves the shifter from the console to the steering column.
I totally understand that the trans ford has now won't work.. I'm just saying I'd like to see them put something along those lines in there
Dude... F1 uses a sequential transmission with electronic paddle shifters. It has a clutch and is a manual transmission, but the shift linkage is operated by electronics. Those electronics are activated by the paddle shifters. F1 DOES NOT use an automatic transmission.

This is from the F1 webpage here: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_f1_racing/5280.html
"The gearboxes of modern Formula One cars are now highly automated with drivers selecting gears ‘seamlessly’ via paddles fitted behind the steering wheel. The 'sequential' gearboxes used are very similar in principle to those of motorbikes, allowing gear changes to be made far faster than with the traditional ‘H’ gate selector, with the gearbox selectors operated electrically. Despite such high levels of technology, fully automatic transmission systems, and gearbox-related wizardry such as launch control, are illegal - a measure designed to keep costs down and place more emphasis on driver skill. Transmissions - which must have eight forward gears, the ratios having been chosen before the season - bolt directly to the back of the engine."
Maybe I just didn't say it correctly.. I guess what I should have said was a sequential trans but I'm sure that wouldn't find its way into the street version.. maybe the gt350r but unlikely

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Maybe I just didn't say it correctly.. I guess what I should have said was a sequential trans but I'm sure that wouldn't find its way into the street version.. maybe the gt350r but unlikely

There are versions of the TR6060 or T56 that are sequential. That's what is in the FR500GT "Man Racer."

Here's some info on it: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2007-ford-mustang-fr500gt-road-test
"The $12,000 transmission is a six-speed sequential Hollinger unit used in the Australian Touring Car Series. It works like a motorcycle transmission: Pull the lever rearward for upshifts, press forward to downshift. The clutch isn't needed to upshift, but you need to lift the throttle. Davis says the unit in the production cars should be capable of foot-to-the-floor shifting."

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
But that new 8L90 trans in the vette shows its possible to have a badass auto with paddle shifts.. that's not ur average "flapping paddle automatic".. maybe they could some how get something to work like that..

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
But that new 8L90 trans in the vette shows its possible to have a badass auto with paddle shifts.. maybe they could some how get something to work like that

I actually know a guy with a C7 and he does not like the auto transmission. This is a guy that has owned a Ford GT and a Lamborghini Gallardo, the latter of which was an automatic with paddle shifters.

Mineral_'01

forum member
Reaction score
There are versions of the TR6060 or T56 that are sequential. That's what is in the FR500GT "Man Racer."

Here's some info on it: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2007-ford-mustang-fr500gt-road-test
"The $12,000 transmission is a six-speed sequential Hollinger unit used in the Australian Touring Car Series. It works like a motorcycle transmission: Pull the lever rearward for upshifts, press forward to downshift. The clutch isn't needed to upshift, but you need to lift the throttle. Davis says the unit in the production cars should be capable of foot-to-the-floor shifting."

Ken Block rally/drift car status transmission right there. Me wants!

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Ken Block rally/drift car status transmission right there. Me wants!

Yep. Most high end racing uses sequential transmissions now. Ken Block, Von Gittin Jr, etc, etc... 12k is a little much for me now when I could get a 6060 built to handle anything for 1/5 of that cost. Maybe if I get really, REALLY into racing I'll get one, but we shall see.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I actually know a guy with a C7 and he does not like the auto transmission. This is a guy that has owned a Ford GT and a Lamborghini Gallardo, the latter of which was an automatic with paddle shifters.

what year C7? they changed the Auto in the 2015's

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Yep. Most high end racing uses sequential transmissions now. Ken Block, Von Gittin Jr, etc, etc... 12k is a little much for me now when I could get a 6060 built to handle anything for 1/5 of that cost. Maybe if I get really, REALLY into racing I'll get one, but we shall see.
sequential transmissions now. Ken Block, Von Gittin Jr, etc, etc... 12k is a little much for me now when I could get a 6060 built to handle anything for 1/5 of that cost.
Ken Block, Von Gittin Jr, etc, etc...
Von Gittin Jr

Really?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back