2016 Roush SC Mustangs for $40K!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I forgot about the half shafts. They can be broken with sticky tires and an NA setup....sans blower. So add that to the list. Heck, toss in a 1 piece DS while you are at it.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Is this a poorly thought out marketing ploy? I am not sure if dealers are free to do whatever suits them, or if this is Ford approved, but without forged internals, wouldn't this be a ticking time-bomb? I don't think the average buyer would drive it gingerly.
It just seems like a shortcut that many unsuspecting buyers will regret later. :oops1:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Is this a poorly thought out marketing ploy? I am not sure if dealers are free to do whatever suits them, or if this is Ford approved, but without forged internals, wouldn't this be a ticking time-bomb? I don't think the average buyer would drive it gingerly.
It just seems like a shortcut that many unsuspecting buyers will regret later. :oops1:
Not at all. This isn't a 3v!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I forgot about the half shafts. They can be broken with sticky tires and an NA setup....sans blower. So add that to the list. Heck, toss in a 1 piece DS while you are at it.

LOL you just regurgitate that like everyone else does. Yes, the half shafts can snap, but on the street there isn't much of concern for that. Wheel-hop and 3K+ launches with good hook kill these half shafts, not just power. Wheel hop is taken care of with bushings on these S550s.

And with that argument of toss in this part too, that can be applied to any car when adding over 150HP from the factory.

Either way, this is a pretty good deal. Most people don't have the time or knowledge to install a supercharger, hell they can hardly decide which CAI to go with lol.

Ford doesn't own the cars once they are on dealer's lots. No, these blocks have proven to handle 800RWHP from the factory. I'd do some research instead of making blind assumptions.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From Baxter Ford,

There are two kits. Phase 1 and 2. Phase 1 is 670 crank, 2 is 727 crank.
When the Roush SC is installed it voids the factory powertrain warranty. It does NOT void the bumper to bumper.
Roush then offers their own powertrain warranty ONLY on phase 1. Phase 2 does not have any warranty on the motor, drive line, etc.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Ford doesn't own the cars once they are on dealer's lots. No, these blocks have proven to handle 800RWHP from the factory. I'd do some research instead of making blind assumptions.

I didn't mean to offend you. It seems like myself and others posed some legitimate concern just as jewc75 followed up with from Baxtor Ford.

The block isn't my concern. Based on what I had read, the powdered rods have varied at 700-850rwhp, so if someone gets the one that gives early, that's quite a shame that it won't be covered for something a dealer pitched as the steal of a lifetime.

I wouldn't take a stock s197 to 550-600rwhp and hope for the best either, so why would the S550 be any different at its limit?

Aside from that, I admit, I haven't done research into if it is returnless or return style, and what it can supply before leaning out. It just seems sketchy to me, but I would love to have my concern put to rest and see this work out for everyone, because I may become a customer as well.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
LOL you're not offending anyone here, trust me. Like I said, do some research. Did you read what James posted from Baxter? Phase 1 is covered under Roush, Phase 2 is not but at 727BHP, not the wheels, that is not even really stressing the rods enough to be concerned. It's all in the tune, which Roush tunes for their kits are pretty safe.

I need to look at what is exactly in the kit but I highly doubt either Phase 1 and Phase 2 are sold without supporting FS upgrades, most likely a BAP and injectors as that is sufficient enough for them.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
LOL you're not offending anyone here, trust me. Like I said, do some research. Did you read what James posted from Baxter? Phase 1 is covered under Roush, Phase 2 is not but at 727BHP, not the wheels, that is not even really stressing the rods enough to be concerned. It's all in the tune, which Roush tunes for their kits are pretty safe.

I need to look at what is exactly in the kit but I highly doubt either Phase 1 and Phase 2 are sold without supporting FS upgrades, most likely a BAP and injectors as that is sufficient enough for them.

Roush kit will include a new al manifold, bigger injectors, bap, cai and everything else that is typ in a roush blower kit. Watch out, on the last bunch of roush kits I looked at for the 11-14 cars, the roush warranty only covered roush parts.. IE: the blower...and not the rest of the drive train, nor the eng. Nobody is gonna be stupid enough to warranty a chinese built mT-82...with 675 hp being stuffed into the front end of it.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I wouldn't take a stock s197 to 550-600rwhp and hope for the best either, so why would the S550 be any different at its limit?

The S550 is basically the boss 302 bottom end.

My 13 coyote is a 650 and very comfortable. IDK why you think the stock coyote is weak.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Roush kit will include a new al manifold, bigger injectors, bap, cai and everything else that is typ in a roush blower kit. Watch out, on the last bunch of roush kits I looked at for the 11-14 cars, the roush warranty only covered roush parts.. IE: the blower...and not the rest of the drive train, nor the eng. Nobody is gonna be stupid enough to warranty a chinese built mT-82...with 675 hp being stuffed into the front end of it.

I know what is in the kits, and when did I say the engine or anything else but the Roush components are covered...

The S550 is basically the boss 302 bottom end.

My 13 coyote is a 650 and very comfortable. IDK why you think the stock coyote is weak.

Because just like a lot of other people, he is uneducated about the 2015+ Coyote and is making assumptions based on pre 2015 Coyotes and 3Vs.

Just like when people said I'd snap my half shafts on the first run on the MT ET Street S/S DRs, they just repeat what they've read online and form what they think is a factual opinion instead of actually looking into the matter and realizing what is really killing the S550 half shafts.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I know what is in the kits, and when did I say the engine or anything else but the Roush components are covered...

Because just like a lot of other people, he is uneducated about the 2015+ Coyote and is making assumptions based on pre 2015 Coyotes and 3Vs.

Just like when people said I'd snap my half shafts on the first run on the MT ET Street S/S DRs, they just repeat what they've read online and form what they think is a factual opinion instead of actually looking into the matter and realizing what is really killing the S550 half shafts.
I know what's killing the axles. I also know what you were trying to do. I'd accuse you of playing with fire with an unbraced 8.8 as well. LOL

But the Roush kit that these dealerships are putting on is the "phase 1" which is fancy talk of saying "the basic SC kit" No BAP. In fact, I think they are almost to the limit of the fuel pump, as the upgrade kit to go from the 670 to the 727 is a pulley and a BAP.

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
I remember seeing those advertised on e-bay late last year.
I think it was the same dealer.

Seems like a decent deal for 40K.
I would want an automatic tho.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score

No need to sound so pissy all the time. If you can't handle open conversations, maybe you could just go for a walk and clear your head first.

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
If I spent 60 large on a GT500 then blew it up I'd die of a broken heart.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
No need to sound so pissy all the time. If you can't handle open conversations, maybe you could just go for a walk and clear your head first.

LOL that's me stating information based on experience and being straight forward. I don't sugar coat things. Don't be upset you just made assumptions and got called on it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back