2nd Deployment 2014 Front End Conversion (spoils of war)

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
I had it at a place called Tanners but took it somewhere else after I had enough of their shit. They had it for 6 months and didn't do a single thing to it. I live 2 hours from there so every time I called or checked up on it they said they were about to start. It sat outside for 6 months, fouled my spark plugs from moving it in and out of there shop without warming it up with the old gas in it, lost about $300 in parts, and warped the new hood I had by storing it incorrectly which cost me $800 for another hood. Any time I called or tried talking to them I was either ignored or given some bs excuse. I had to take a weekend to drive over there, tow the car and load all the parts in my truck to take it to another shop. After which inspecting it at the new shop I discovered they ripped out the battery box in the trunk among other things. Also they let metal shavings get all over my car which rusted on my paint. I spent an entire day with a clay bar and my buffer to get it all out. So if it was Tanner.....I have a sore spot for them. They treated my car like shit and in the process did not put one hour of labor into it. Tallents Hot Rod Shop is who to thank for this. I gave them all the parts, plans, and direction on what I wanted/ needed to get done and it came out perfect. They had the car for only 2 months and that was with thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, man. Car looks good. Can't wait to just drive mine when I get home.

60be22a1759ad740cbab68de1ac01475.jpg

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
that looks really fucking good.
wish I had the money to do that kind of conversion i'd be all over it. I like the door panels too. I thought about changing mine to but after looking at a few threads I thought people said they didn't fit right...raised up in the back or something like that.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
There is about a half inch gap as seen in this picture. It's not that noticeable as you can see. Some of the mounting locations around the outside of the panel need to be drilled. Specifically the two silver screws in the picture showing the bottom of the panel in my original post. Again, you will not be able to notice unless you really pay attention and you are on your hands and knees looking at the bottom of the door panel. https://www.facebook.com/jason.luce.56?fref=ufiYou will not be able to utilize the two mounting locations on the right side of the panel in the picture (same with drivers side) but once you mount and tighten the other screws you will not need to. It would be nice since there is about a 1/16" gap in that location but it isn't that noticeable as seen in the pics.

10983482_902650096423119_3832083161211190158_o.jpg

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome back, man. Car looks good. Can't wait to just drive mine when I get home.

60be22a1759ad740cbab68de1ac01475.jpg

Thanks man! Yea, I had to wait 9 months during the deployment and then the 8 month mess of this getting done until I was finally about to drive it a couple weeks ago. Talk about withdraws

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
I had it at a place called Tanners but took it somewhere else after I had enough of their shit. They had it for 6 months and didn't do a single thing to it. I live 2 hours from there so every time I called or checked up on it they said they were about to start. It sat outside for 6 months, fouled my spark plugs from moving it in and out of there shop without warming it up with the old gas in it, lost about $300 in parts, and warped the new hood I had by storing it incorrectly which cost me $800 for another hood. Any time I called or tried talking to them I was either ignored or given some bs excuse. I had to take a weekend to drive over there, tow the car and load all the parts in my truck to take it to another shop. After which inspecting it at the new shop I discovered they ripped out the battery box in the trunk among other things. Also they let metal shavings get all over my car which rusted on my paint. I spent an entire day with a clay bar and my buffer to get it all out. So if it was Tanner.....I have a sore spot for them. They treated my car like shit and in the process did not put one hour of labor into it. Tallents Hot Rod Shop is who to thank for this. I gave them all the parts, plans, and direction on what I wanted/ needed to get done and it came out perfect. They had the car for only 2 months and that was with thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Oh man! That is awful! I knew him growing up. Not good friends now, bit see each other every once in a while when I visit kc. I had a similar experience on a smaller scale. Sent him headlights, tail lights and turn signals to have tinted. He took forever to finish them and when I got them back I wasn't real happy with them. Ended up selling them shortly thereafter. Glad you got you car sorted out. It turned out great! What wheels and suspension are you running?

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
HRE C20 rims with MT ET street radial II 305/35/19 in the rear

Tokico D-Spec shocks/struts
Eibach pro kit springs
Bmr's adjustable LCA
Chi anti squat bracket
Steeda adjustable UCA
BMR upper panhard rod support
Roush rear sway bar
MM caster camber plates

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service. That's an incredible amount of work and $$$ you put into your car. The results are beautiful.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service. That's an incredible amount of work and $$$ you put into your car. The results are beautiful.

Thanks everyone for all the support. As far as the $$$ put in my car, it's a drop in the bucket compared to some members haha. I've had this car since 2006 when I bought it new so it's just a non stop project which most everyone here understands. An expensive addiction haha. One good thing about the military is that they give you the ability to sell your leave days. A big chunk of the budget I had was from me selling my leave tax free when I was down range. The rest of my savings is going to grown up responsibilities like giving my house a facelift when I get out of the Army this year. Seven years of being at the mercy of renters have taken its toll.

Time for a bit of slightly cheaper modifications. I have 6 weeks off starting next month after my knee surgery so I think that's a good opportunity for a wire tuck since I have the time :beerdrink:

Looks good, how is the driver side panel working out?

I got the driver panel done today. I sent you a pm about possibly getting the defrost vent. I didn't realize that the seller would not include that as I found out today. To bad i couldn't find a window switch pigtail in a timely manner. I gave up and just picked one up at the dealership yesterday. $60!!! For essentialy a small plastic clip.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Damn that's nice. How hard is it to get everything aligned? I'm not much of a paint and body guy...

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
If the fenders are made correctly and the core support is welded up correctly everything fits like oem. I recommend an oem core support because that's what ties everything together. The panels underneath the windshield are a little tight with the hood I have. I Had a professional shop do this but I already took most everything off and on again for other projects. Everything is a real tight fit. I love it.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service.

And I love the look. It is on my "To do" list a few years from now. I think it is one of the cleaner looking front ends and want it BADLY...

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
The end results I'm sure are nice since you had such a big ordeal with the first shop. The work looks great. The car looks all over the place to me though. Could be because of the gas cap and wheels. They just don't fit on the car IMO. The blue stripes are a nice color and makes the black seem random since the rest of the car is painted, just a thought. But I love the way the car is headed so far!

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Haha yes I know, I was considering changing the rims for some without the polished lip but those HRE's set me back 5k back in 2008 when I got them. They are awesome and still in perfect condition so if I did change them I would have to trade/sell for some rims that are on the same "level" without braking the bank. There is still a little work to be done. This is just some pics that I took the day I got it back. No more major mods though. I get out in 9 months so savings is not to be touched until I find a job and I'm settled in a little.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back