4.6 guy with a question (MOVED FROM 2011)

08Spdemon

Reaction score
Hey guys, just had a question about the new setup, it may seem kinda dumb but im gettin ready to flush my coolant system and ive noticed that the new 'yotes use red antifreeze, so i was wondering if one of you guys can look in your owners manuals and get me the part number for that antifreeze? or even what kind it is? thanks fellas
-Will

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Just go to autozone and get normal 50/50 anti-freeze. It makes no difference, as long as it antifreeze since winter is coming along. Orange "Red" is just extended life antifreeze....

Prestone "DEX COOL" Extended Life Coolants is one of the few I know of but I think they are for GM applications.

Last edited:

08Spdemon

Reaction score
Is that all it is then extended life? Oh i just like the red color lol thought it was something special?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Is that all it is then extended life? Oh i just like the red color lol thought it was something special?

Yeah its just an extended life coolant...you need to make sure that its applicable for your car. Ones I found are for GM applications like I edited above. Unless you have glass or clear coolant hoses I dont see a need to know what color the coolant is...

08Spdemon

Reaction score
well it has the big overflow tank in the front of the engine bay so you can see it, like i said its kinda dumb but to each his own i guess lol, and yea i know about the dex-cool, most of my friend have silverados and what not

kmracer

forum member
Reaction score
i wouldnt buy the 50/50 stuff either, unless you like paying for half water.....

CarbonRight

Going for broke
Reaction score
My shop buys the ford stuff for almost as cheap as the dex or greed coolant. Just get the ford and be done with it.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
I was wondering if this is colored G05....which has a very faint gold color, really, looks like water. Motorcraft premium at the dealer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back