Kaleb Landis

Reaction score
To begin, i have an 06 GT deluxe.

I recently did a trans filter change and replaced the trans fluid that i lost when doing so.
Afterwards when i went to start my car it would not start. my anti theft was flashing when trying to start my vehicle in park.
so i had my buddy unplug my battery for me. that didn't end up solving it. then i remembered that i forgot to plug in the cable that is on the Driver side directly next to the pan.
I put the cables back on the battery and plugged the cable back in. again, that didnt solve it. i wiggled my shifter and it fired up in D.
With that being said, My reverse gear is now where Park should be on my shifter. R & N are both neutral and Drive is also neutral. 3rd gear on my shifter is what D would be. I now have 3 neutrals and no park. car will only fire up if i put my shifter in D.
My thoughts are either the Shift Linkage or the Overdrive & Reverse bands. I can't anything online of someone having a similar issue. can anyone in here help me pinpoint the source of this issue. Based on what i was explained to by my manager, its sounding like its my shift linkage. i just want to hear other opinions on what this could be.

Joe combs

Reaction score
When connecting up the shift cable, the shifter is supposed to be in the neutral position. Take the cable move it by hand to the park position, then move it to the third position. at that point you should be able to spin the rear tire by hand. then take the cable and put it into place and install the cable retainer. This can be done from inside the car, but is easier on a lift (having done it both ways).

Kaleb Landis

Reaction score
Okay sweet. i didnt mess with the cable yet but this gives me hope and more clarity on the issue. thank you guys fr.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back