A couple more ponies

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
So my daughter turns 16 this month so I've been looking for a decent stang' to get her for her B-day, 16 is driving age here in Florida.. I scored a 97' GT in Tarpon Springs for $2,500! This car has only 72k original miles, it's all original and in great shape. I did some tune up stuff, plugs, wires (yes back in 97' they still had wires lol), oil change, fuel and air filter, etc. It runs and drives like new literally.

However it's a stick shift car and the 5 speed thing has been kicking her ass, to the point where she was in tears, so I had to find an auto car so I got another score with this 06' GT for $5,200. Those are the Boss wheels that came on my 05 when I bought it, they did not come with this car.

It's all original other than it has a pair of flowmasters, runs and drives great. The guy I bought it from wanted the wheels that were on it, which are these bullets that I had on the 97' for a few days.

He bought a stick shift 05' GT and traded the OEM wheels for the bullets off his old 06, the wheels in this pic

It was all good as far as I was concerned, and since the 97' is such a great car in such great shape I decided to keep it and use it as my DD! I'll be able to keep some miles of my F250 that way, and actually be able to park in normal parking spaces, etc. Sometimes I actually have good luck, go figure.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Tungsten grey? I love that color man its looks great but Im a little biased with mine lol. And do I see a mineral grey new edge in the background? Lol its like a pic of my driveway.

Nice score. Those are some low miles for a 97, Im surprised.

travelers

Reaction score
That's some great deals. Don't give up on her with the stick, just a more relaxed atmosphere.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's some great deals. Don't give up on her with the stick, just a more relaxed atmosphere.
True!!! It's all about not getting flustered. flabbergasted, then pissed off. Empty parking lot on a Sunday morning?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
True!!! It's all about not getting flustered. flabbergasted, then pissed off. Empty parking lot on a Sunday morning?

My 18 year old daughter finally figured it out, but I had to step away and let her do it on her own

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Tungsten grey? I love that color man its looks great but Im a little biased with mine lol. And do I see a mineral grey new edge in the background? Lol its like a pic of my driveway.

Nice score. Those are some low miles for a 97, Im surprised.

Damn good eye! Yes, I actually had a 2002 GT for just a couple weeks, then ended up selling it for about what I had into it. My wife was getting into the Mustang thing and was going to sell her Infinity and drive that new edge (stick shift) after I fixed it up a bit but after driving it a couple days the coolness factor wore off for her, luckily we didn't sell her Infinity yet! Great eye though! And yes I was blown away by the 97' actually its previous owner got sick and tragically passed away a few years ago and the family just let it sit, they finally were ready to sell it. I bet its former owner is looking down smiling that someone appreciates the car and is taking great care of it for him.

Here's a pic of the new edge, the car I've owned for the shortest period of time - 3 weeks

Here's a pic of all of them in the driveway

And guess what her BF drives? A 2001 Roush! When I first met him I saw what he drives and knew I liked him right away lol

Two excellent deals. Congrats!

Thx

Yeah I didn't give up on her, part of the deal with getting her an auto car was that she still has to learn the stick so if she ever needs to drive one she can. I told her no way will my daughter be some bimbo that cannot drive a stick shift car or change her own tire!

Thx

My 18 year old daughter finally figured it out, but I had to step away and let her do it on her own

I have her drive around the hood' every so often to practice, she does pretty good now, she just prefers not having to deal with shifting and everything else at the same time. Maybe I'll have her do it by herself when she gets her license so she's more comfortable without someone watching.

Last edited:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Damn good eye! Yes, I actually had a 2002 GT for just a couple weeks, then ended up selling it for about what I had into it. My wife was getting into the Mustang thing and was going to sell her Infinity and drive that new edge (stick shift) after I fixed it up a bit but after driving it a couple days the coolness factor wore off for her, luckily we didn't sell her Infinity yet! Great eye though! And yes I was blown away by the 97' actually its previous owner got sick and tragically passed away a few years ago and the family just let it sit, they finally were ready to sell it. I bet its former owner is looking down smiling that someone appreciates the car and is taking great care of it for him.

Here's a pic of all of them in the driveway

And guess what her BF drives? A 2001 Roush! When I first met him I saw what he drives and knew I liked him right away lol

Thx

Yeah I didn't give up on her, part of the deal with getting her an auto car was that she still has to learn the stick so if she ever needs to drive one she can. I told her no way will my daughter be some bimbo that cannot drive a stick shift car or change her own tire!

Thx

I have her drive around the hood' every so often to practice, she does pretty good now, she just prefers not having to deal with shifting and everything else at the same time. Maybe I'll have her do it by herself when she gets her license so she's more comfortable without someone watching.

Actually now that you say that. My daughter did drive an auto Focus for the first 2 years. Kind of forgot that. We had a manual and my wife didn't want her learning to drive that as her first car and only 16. We just got the straight drive in the last 3 mnths. Btw she loves driving the 2016 Ram 2500 truck, now to teach her how to tow her horse trailer herself.

Good luck

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Yea you dont see many low mileage sn95s in that shape thats for sure. Especially in our area lol.

Haha I knew it! My mineral grey stang is also an 02 lol small world. And it even has the same rims and I bet yours also had charcoal grey leather lol. I love mine but its sitting right now and its paint isnt nearly as hood as that one. Too bad you sold it.

Again I have to say it I love that tungsten grey man, you dont see very many of them. If you see one if youre in Naples its probably me.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wanted a tungsten gray car when I was shopping, but man they are not easy to find. Nice score.

BTW- that pic you posted of the mineral gray new edge makes it look like it has a lift kit on it!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I wanted a tungsten gray car when I was shopping, but man they are not easy to find. Nice score.

BTW- that pic you posted of the mineral gray new edge makes it look like it has a lift kit on it!

Yeah, I guess we're so used to seeing them all lowered that a stock one looks lifted lol.

Looks like I need to find another photo hosting site, photobucket wants $400 to keep hosting my pics, eff that!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess we're so used to seeing them all lowered that a stock one looks lifted lol.

Looks like I need to find another photo hosting site, photobucket wants $400 to keep hosting my pics, eff that!

I use winzip and resize my pics to small and upload directly now.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I literally fell into my tungsten 07. I was 19 and wanted to trade my 00 gt in for an s197 and I remember mine was the only one on the lot that I could afford lol. Im sure glad it was now actually because its fully loaded, a somewhat rare color and a really cool looking color. I have to admit when the color changes under different lighting conditions I grin with pride lol.

I actually thought the same thing ghunt! Looking back at my 00 gt with 16s and stock suspension it sure did look like a 4x4 too!

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For offsite hosting, imgur isn't too bad. Been using that a lot more than photobucket lately, especially because their site is easier to use than photobucket IMO.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back