A Few Questions of Coyote Gen I Gen II and Trucks.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Well there must be over 1000 post on this forum to make comments on. So what is it to you??? Surely it's not to save band width.
Here we are with you continuing to be an asshole while people are trying to help you to the info you're after. Good luck, man.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
If you must know, I am wondering what the real difference is between a $1500 Coyote truck engine on it's side in the mud at a backwater junkyard to a pulled $8500 Mustang Coyote motor in a junkyard just off the Interstate near a big city. Interesting to note that one company says their forged crank fits all 302 Ford engines from 1968 to 2018.

Last edited:

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
If you must know, I am wondering what the real difference is between a $1500 Coyote truck engine on it's side in the mud at a backwater junkyard to a pulled $8500 Mustang Coyote motor in a junkyard just off the Interstate near a big city. Interesting to note that one company says their forged crank fits all 302 Ford engines from 1968 to 2018.

Like we said, Smaller intake cams, 10.5 compression hypereutectic pistons, the F150 also used a cast iron exhaust manifold . I have no idea about the rods, it's also somewhat irrelevant as the Boss rods are just marginally better than the Gen1 Mustang rods.

The front F150 cover is different, as is the oil filter adapter, need to swap them from a Mustang 'Yote.

I believe the oil pans maybe different as the F150 didn't use a windage tray either.

As for the pricing difference, those junkheads don't realize the motors are basically the same, However since it's from a Mustang it must be better !!!

Same thing with the 6R80's, F150 6R's are $400, Mustang 6R's are $1000, Even though they have same internals, just differnt cases that move where the shift linkage bolts to ...

The svtperformance site has a lot more info on the F150 Yote swaps.

Good Luck ...

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
What does this last sentence have to do with the first? What do you propose anyone here does with this vague information about a crank unrelated to the topic at hand? This is exactly why it's so aggravating participating in anything you post.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
What does this last sentence have to do with the first? What do you propose anyone here does with this vague information about a crank unrelated to the topic at hand? This is exactly why it's so aggravating participating in anything you post.
Well it does seem the exact same crank fits a 302 from 1968 to 2017 or so. I know, burn the parts interchange book and be happy.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How the fuck does that make any sense? The 302 that was introduced is '68 went out of production in 2001 with the demise of the 5.0 Explorer. And we all know that the DOHC 5.0 shares literally nothing with the previous 5.0 besides the manufacturer and the displacement designation. Even the exact displacement is different.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
How the fuck does that make any sense? The 302 that was introduced is '68 went out of production in 2001 with the demise of the 5.0 Explorer. And we all know that the DOHC 5.0 shares literally nothing with the previous 5.0 besides the manufacturer and the displacement designation. Even the exact displacement is different.
Well there are at least some crankshaft companies say different. Do I believe them? No I don't. What I do believe thought, for $700 they will make you a custom 302 crankshaft that will fit your application. It's as if Ford made V8 crankshafts since 1932.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's for a pushrod 302 only. If you can't tell the difference, just buy a car that's already done.

Nobody makes a custom crank for $700 worth the metal it's made from.

travelers

Reaction score
When are you guys going to stop answering this guys questions that he already has the answers for. Just like a lawyer.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I could have said flathead which I understand blocks and cranks are still being made with the favorite combo being 5L. Let face it, standard Coyote cranks are cheap at $200 and the Boss cranks seems to come in around $300. The real money seems to be in the heads.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BOSS cranks are the exact same crank with a different balance due to the different rods/pistons they used from the other Coyotes those two years.

With that said.....I'm out of this one.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
BOSS cranks are the exact same crank with a different balance due to the different rods/pistons they used from the other Coyotes those two years.

With that said.....I'm out of this one.
and they are $100 extra making it a grand total of $300 with it's own part number with the words Boss on the box. I have a picture of the box.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
if you could change the firing order in the mustang computer the 2015 truck engine would be preferred. Gee whiz, I wonder if you could just edit the wiring harness. Probably cause issues.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back