About to be reunited with my car.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll leave the 12+ mths deployment to the army guys. In Iraq, at least you have "nice bases" Where we were at in Iraq was a pure shit hole. To a degree we lived expeditionary. We pissed in piss tubes, shit in wag bags. No running water. It wasn't too bad. We had a small exchange that only 4 people were allowed in at a time. At least it always had a decent supply of supplements. Our chow hall would close every time a sandstorm would hit, which would be a few times per week.

So you were living better then we did on my first 12 month deployment when we invaded Iraq. Well honestly it wasn't exactly 12 months, more like 11 and some change. But you did have a px and a chow hall you lucky bastard. Did you do the water bottle showers and hand wash your cloths in a old cooler and dry your cloths on a 550 cord wash line while hopping there wasn't a sand storm? Fun stuff, hope I never have to do that crap again.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I'll leave the 12+ mths deployment to the army guys. In Iraq, at least you have "nice bases" Where we were at in Iraq was a pure shit hole. To a degree we lived expeditionary. We pissed in piss tubes, shit in wag bags. No running water. It wasn't too bad. We had a small exchange that only 4 people were allowed in at a time. At least it always had a decent supply of supplements. Our chow hall would close every time a sandstorm would hit, which would be a few times per week.

Oh trust me man... I know and feel your pain bro. We NEVER stayed on a "SuperFob" the whole time we were in Iraq. We moved 5 different times, and had to BUILD UP each place we went. Pissing in tubes, burning shit, DIY chow halls, living in tents, and pulling tower guard and mobile patrol.

Shit sucked. :lol2: But at least we didn't live the "good life" like thousands of other people that never left the base. :beer:

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I feel for you all who were part of the 1st invasion. During that time I was just transferring from Whidbey Island to Camp Pendleton. The list was already out on who was going. I didn't deploy my 1st time until 06 and at that time I was at Camp Cupcake (Al Asad). I was in Dental Battalion at time. We keeped busy, especially with all the TCNs that had tooth problems.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
So you were living better then we did on my first 12 month deployment when we invaded Iraq. Well honestly it wasn't exactly 12 months, more like 11 and some change. But you did have a px and a chow hall you lucky bastard. Did you do the water bottle showers and hand wash your cloths in a old cooler and dry your cloths on a 550 cord wash line while hopping there wasn't a sand storm? Fun stuff, hope I never have to do that crap again.
We did have water bottle showers. The army ran a shower and laundry facility. Once in a while the laundry facility would break down, so we washed our clothes in a bucket.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back