AC/Heated Seats panel not Working

Glenn Ford

Reaction score
AC/Heated Seats Control Panel not Working

I have had an ongoing problem with the Radio/HVAC control panel in my 2012 Mustang GT. This is the panel containing all of the radio/CD/Hvac and heated seats controls - see picture below. The AC and heated seats do not work (no orange lights). The Radio/CD works fine. Relays and fuses are good. I replaced the entire control panel 7 months with a used panel and everything worked until this week and the AC went out again. I have posted this issue on several Mustang sites and no one can help me. Hopefully someone here can help me resolve this issue.

Thanks very much.

Glenn

th

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I remember properly, that entire panel only has a single plug with like 4 or 5 wires, right?

Glenn Ford

Reaction score
A small diameter 4 wire twisted cord into a small 4 pin plug. This cord controls all Radio/CD/AC/defroster/heated seat controls.

The two bottom rows of controls do not work - AC and heated seats.

Last edited:

Glenn Ford

Reaction score
No engine check light on. Do the B codes register without the engine check light coming on?

These B codes I was reading are unreal - they monitor EVERYTHING. Will a normal OBDII reader read these B codes?

Heat and defroster work, but no AC or "on" orange lights in the control panel.

Last edited:

rjyote

forum member
Reaction score
B (body) codes don't turn on the check engine light (MIL). P (powertrain) codes do that. Cheap OBD scanners won't read B codes, only P codes. You will need something like an IDS to read B, C (chassis), and U (network) codes.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the module that controls your HVAC might have an issue, not the actual button/display panel.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back