AC rapair question

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
This is in my new edge 2003 GT, but from I understand similar to the 05-09s. Long story short thought my low pressure switch went bad as AC works once in awhile. Just started 3 weeks ago. Change sensor no change so next might be low on Freon. Am in garage today after driving it for nice labor day cruise. I hear a hiss, stop, hiss. its coming from the high pressure sensor upfront by the radiator area. Of course I loosen it and the O ring blows out and am like WTF!? Freon blowing out the check valve. The check valve is bad and there is my leak! Lost all my Freon. Would wait till spring but afraid of condensation making its way into the system.

Can a check valve get replaced or the whole line needs replaced? 2nd am confused on this plus if line needs replaced it looks like the it MIGHT be part of the condenser. If so, anyone ever replace a condenser/ recharge there system? How much did that cost you? Am afraid this 10 cent failed check valve is going to cost me 800 bucks.

rjyote

forum member
Reaction score
Check valve? Post a pic and maybe I can help. And hopefully for you, the system has never had Freon in it.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you, any help will be usefull. One picture has the high pressure sensor on it, other is with it off and the check valve that blew out my Freon yesterday. The check valve is what needs replaced. I don't know if they can be changed separate or built into the line. I have a friends brother in law that is able to work on AC systems looking at it but its not for another 2-3 weeks

IMG_20170905_162642954 by Andre LeDoux, on Flickr

IMG_20170905_162616622 by Andre LeDoux, on Flickr

2003cobra22

forum member
Reaction score
If you mean the Schrader valve on the high pressure side access port it can be replaced with a core tool, then replace the pressure switch. If the system has lost all the refrigerant and has exposure to the outside atmosphere you'll want to replace the Accumulator they're cheap, then pull a vacuum on the system make sure it holds it and then add in your refrigerant with some dye fill to system specs. Then run the system and check for leaks

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
If you mean the Schrader valve on the high pressure side access port it can be replaced with a core tool, then replace the pressure switch. If the system has lost all the refrigerant and has exposure to the outside atmosphere you'll want to replace the Accumulator they're cheap, then pull a vacuum on the system make sure it holds it and then add in your refrigerant with some dye fill to system specs. Then run the system and check for leaks

Thank you very much! Yes the Schrader valve is what am talking about.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back