Adjustable Front Lower Control Arm, GT500 Brakes & Wheel Spacers

Reaction score
Here's what I want to do. I would like to install the GT500 Brembo calipers that I have sitting in my basement.

However, to fit them properly with my stock 18" Bullitt rims, I would need a full 1" spacer. The problem is that I can't use a spacer that large because of the 3" drop that I currently have with my Eibach Pro Stree-S coilovers. A spacer that large would locate the tire less that 1/8" from the fender lip. Mind you, the overall tire heigh is actually taller than the height of the fender, so the top of the tire actually sites higher than the opening of the fender.

Trying to conjure up a solution, it occurred to me that if they made a shorter front lower control arm, that it would move the entire wheel assembly inboard, and potentialy allow me to install a 1" wheel spacer. Surely enought, BMR makes an adjustable front lower control arm.

I already have Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates. The coilovers also have an oversized upper strut mount hole that permits a wide range of caster adjustment. I also have Steeda's bump steer kit to correct extreme toe angle.

Would BMRs adjustable front lower control arm solve my problem?

Please respect that I do not have any intention of altering the ride height or swapping out the rims. So that is not a solution.

AA019.jpg

likemike99

Reaction score
I don't believe that you have any good options. BMR web site does not give dimensions on their a-arm, but they do state it can be an exact swap for stock. That would leave me to believe it has roughly the same dimensions as stock.

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are swapping your wheels out for something else totally out of the question?

Keep in mind that the 18" bullitts with a 1" spacer are only .300" further out per side than the GT500 wheels. But it certainly sounds tight.

I have a 1" drop with the spacers and always take it easy going up driveways with the wheels cut to one side. Nothing has ever hit in the 4 or 5 months the brakes have been on the car, but someone told me it comes pretty close.

Back