AdvanceTrac issues associated with bad Longitudinal Accelerometer data

Matt Thompson

Reaction score
Help needed. 2013 GT. Have been experiencing overactive traction control for some time, and it's been getting gradually worse. Recently did suspension upgrades (lower & stiffer) and after doing this, the problems have gotten much worse.

Initially was running Sport Mode on track and going into high-speed corners it would hit the brakes and try to make me go straight. Chalked it up to AdvanceTrac (A/T) doesn't work on the track, and switched to using "full off" (which I know isn't really full off, but as close as I can get without a Boss R ABS Module or cutting wires).

Since the suspension changes the A/T Roll Stability Control (RSC) has been kicking in on the street on simple on/off ramps. Also triggered limp mode after a 2nd gear pull on the street. Then took it to the track and had multiple issues with A/T getting obtrusive when in "full off" mode. Started trouble shooting with FORScan and found that my Longitudinal Accel signal is hosed. It is flipping between 0 and +1G ( actually almost always at +1 now) while sitting still. Thought this might have been due to a faulty Restraint Control Module since this is where the sensor is supposed to be located. Replaced that, and no joy. Checked my ABS Module by hooking it up on my daughter's '14 V6 and the LNGACC signal was fine. So it's not the ABS Module.

I'm thinking this means it is either in the wiring or ECU/CANBUS. Does anyone on here have experience with this particular issue or any good suggestions on where to start tracing out where the issue could be?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Is there a calibration proceedure for said sensor?
How is your battery and charging system? Computers dont like voltage fluctuations. Possible ground connection issue.

Can bus is just two wires. Much like ethernet. So with only issue being the reading from the G sensor, its not likely a CAN issue. A problem with the CAN would be loss of module communications.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Adding too much roll stiffness can reduce grip on the inside wheels. That might introduce early spin, causing the Advance Track to kick in more frequently?

larry Stark

Reaction score
Help needed. 2013 GT. Have been experiencing overactive traction control for some time, and it's been getting gradually worse. Recently did suspension upgrades (lower & stiffer) and after doing this, the problems have gotten much worse.

Initially was running Sport Mode on track and going into high-speed corners it would hit the brakes and try to make me go straight. Chalked it up to AdvanceTrac (A/T) doesn't work on the track, and switched to using "full off" (which I know isn't really full off, but as close as I can get without a Boss R ABS Module or cutting wires).

Since the suspension changes the A/T Roll Stability Control (RSC) has been kicking in on the street on simple on/off ramps. Also triggered limp mode after a 2nd gear pull on the street. Then took it to the track and had multiple issues with A/T getting obtrusive when in "full off" mode. Started trouble shooting with FORScan and found that my Longitudinal Accel signal is hosed. It is flipping between 0 and +1G ( actually almost always at +1 now) while sitting still. Thought this might have been due to a faulty Restraint Control Module since this is where the sensor is supposed to be located. Replaced that, and no joy. Checked my ABS Module by hooking it up on my daughter's '14 V6 and the LNGACC signal was fine. So it's not the ABS Module.

I'm thinking this means it is either in the wiring or ECU/CANBUS. Does anyone on here have experience with this particular issue or any good suggestions on where to start tracing out where the issue could be?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

Ford lied when it says you can turn off traction control. It is ALWAYS on in background and turns on when vehicle is outside of trigger point dynamics, like at the track. I fixed problem for track. see attached link

https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...y-turn-off-s197-traction-control-works.18475/

Matt Thompson

Reaction score
Adding too much roll stiffness can reduce grip on the inside wheels. That might introduce early spin, causing the Advance Track to kick in more frequently?

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought to begin with... but I was looking at my wheel speed sensors and they were all showing stable, only thing that was fluctuating was longitudinal accel and the brake pulses coincided with the swapping of the signal. That signal is swapping from 0 to 1 (mostly 1). It never reads negative (braking). I checked on my daughter's car and the singal on it is just fine.

Matt Thompson

Reaction score

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back