AFCO GT500 Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/Dual 10" Spal Fans

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Lethal Performance is proud to announce the new AFCO Pro-Series Dual Pass Heat Exchanger with DUAL 10" Spal Fans.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...-dual-pass-heat-exchangerdual-10-fans-p-30474

As many know we were the ones to introduce the AFCO dual pass heat exchanger to the GT500 market. AFCO approached us several weeks ago letting us know that they've finally put together an upgraded unit with dual fans. They obviously know how important it is to keep up with the demand that our customers look for. As we've seen the dual fan heat exchanger has become a very popular unit. Continuous air across the fins of the heat exchanger help in lowering inlet air temps. This will also prevent you from losing power due to heat soak. The addition of (2) 10" Spal fans along with a larger core means business. This will be the largest heat exchanger for the 07-10 GT500 to this date.

If anyone has seen an AFCO product you know it's of the highest quality. The cores, welds and design are used in many high performance applications for both street and track use.

Lethal Performance has locked up the entire first batch and we're giving all of our customers a first shot at purchasing them. We expect to have them available by the end of this month. If you're on our mailing list you'll receive an email about the new AFCO heat exchanger tomorrow. If not you can find more info about this piece on our website or by giving us a call.

The best thing about the AFCO unit it that it's competitively priced at $669.95

When dealing with Roots or Twin Screw Superchargers there's always the issue of intake temps. When running the car hard and spinning the blower fast you create heat. Heat equals a loss in power as well as the possibility of damage to the engine. One way to help reduce these intake temps and the risk of damage is to add more fluid into the intercooler system which in turn helps lower intake temps by disiapating heat.

Whether it be on the street or at the track the warmer the car runs the more timing gets pulled. In addition to that an excessive amount of heat known as heat soak starts to take place. This keeps the car down on power and running less efficient. This again can be helped by adding more fluid into the cooling system. The temperature of the intercooler fluid will lower and cool down faster in between runs.

Here is a rundown of AFCO Pro-Series heat exchanger vs. Stock:

Core Size
AFCO core is 10" tall x 22.44" wide x 2" thick.
Stock is 6" tall x 23" wide x 1.25" thick.

Height:
Stock 6"
AFCO 10"

Width: Stock 23"
AFCO 22.5"

Thickness: Stock 1.25"
AFCO 2.0"

Front Face Area
Stock 138 sq. in.
AFCO 202 sq. in. (50% increase)

Overall Surface Area:
Stock 690 sq. in.
AFCO 1616 sq. in. (135% increase)

Fan Type:
Dual 10" Spal Fans

Here's some of the features of the AFCO Pro-Series Heat Exchanger for the Shelby GT500 and S197 Mustang GT:

* Fits 2007-2010 Shelby GT500 and 05-10 Mustang GT's
* High efficient double pass design vs. OEM single pass
* DUAL 10" Spal Fans
* Increased HP do to a dramatic intake temperature drop compared to stock
* Quicker cool down times in between runs at the track
* Helps prevent heat soak and detonation due to increased intake temps
* Simple do-it-yourself bolt on installation
* Furnace brazed core (no epoxies) with beautifully tig welded tank construction

PB040214.jpg

PB040215.jpg

PB040216.jpg

N

navbtcret

Do you have any of these in stock yet? If not when do you expect to receive them?

N

navbtcret

I just ordered this heat exchanger along with a case of the Torco Accelerator race fuel concentrate. I should have some result for both of these by the end of February. They will only be from the dyno though, I have to wait until the snow melts to get some track data.

Thank you for supporting the Military with a Military discount. It is greatly appreciated.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just ordered this heat exchanger along with a case of the Torco Accelerator race fuel concentrate. I should have some result for both of these by the end of February. They will only be from the dyno though, I have to wait until the snow melts to get some track data.

Thank you for supporting the Military with a Military discount. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of your support!!

Jared

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
If I get just the H/E now, would I be able to get the fans/bracket later on? Would like to see what my temps are without the fans..If so, how much would I be looking at for the fans alone?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
If I get just the H/E now, would I be able to get the fans/bracket later on? Would like to see what my temps are without the fans..If so, how much would I be looking at for the fans alone?

The unit with fans is a completely different size core as the one without. So if you purchase the non fan unit now you won't be able to run fans later on unless you custom fabricate your own fan kit.

Hope that helps.

Jared

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
didn't realize that...After I went back and looked, it seems the one with the fans are quite a bit larger. Do you know about how much they are good for as far as lowering IAT's compared to just the reg/ afco h/e?

Also, can you PM me a price shipped for being a member here? Is there a discount we get? Im in Montgomery, AL 36109

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
didn't realize that...After I went back and looked, it seems the one with the fans are quite a bit larger. Do you know about how much they are good for as far as lowering IAT's compared to just the reg/ afco h/e?

Also, can you PM me a price shipped for being a member here? Is there a discount we get? Im in Montgomery, AL 36109

I really can't say how much better the unit with fans is for IAT's over the one without. It's going to vary as well depending on the type of driving you're doing. If you're moving I would feel that both units would have very similar effect on IAT's. However at slower speeds or at a complete stop the fanned unit would keep the IAT's from climbing over the non fanned unit as there will always be air being pulled across the cooling fins.

Another great advantage the fanned unit has is that when you're at the track in between runs you keep the fans and the intercooler pump running. It will cool the intercooler system down within a very short amount of time. That's what we do every time were at the track and it works great.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I just ordered the Afco without the fans. Thanks for all the help and can't wait to get it. I figured save the money on the fans and put it towards a bigger sc coolant tank for the trunk and better pump.

F

FordEvangelist

I have the AFCO unit with the fans. You won't see much difference in your wot iat's. The value that I've seen is at the track when you're in the staging lanes or, like Jared said, trying to cool down between runs. They are worth their money for those reasons alone.

I really can't say how much better the unit with fans is for IAT's over the one without. It's going to vary as well depending on the type of driving you're doing. If you're moving I would feel that both units would have very similar effect on IAT's. However at slower speeds or at a complete stop the fanned unit would keep the IAT's from climbing over the non fanned unit as there will always be air being pulled across the cooling fins.

Another great advantage the fanned unit has is that when you're at the track in between runs you keep the fans and the intercooler pump running. It will cool the intercooler system down within a very short amount of time. That's what we do every time were at the track and it works great.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I have the AFCO unit with the fans. You won't see much difference in your wot iat's. The value that I've seen is at the track when you're in the staging lanes or, like Jared said, trying to cool down between runs. They are worth their money for those reasons alone.

The little bit that I will be spending at the track is not going to be enough to warrant the extra $$$, thus the decision to just get a bigger tank and better pump. I don't plan on beating this motor to death at the track. Will just be a fast weekend cruiser and something to have fun with on the interstate :clap:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back