Air/Oil Seperators for the new 5.0

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Wow, what a shitfest.
Jay, you say how you arent worried about the sales of the knockoff catch cans because your sales are so sky high and you cant keep them on the shelves blah blah blah, yet you continue to cry, bitch, and moan about people selling knockoffs. Get over it dude, yea it sucks that someone copied your product, but it happens everywhere in every industry. If you're really that pissed off about it then follow legal recourse. If there is no legal recourse, get the fuck over it and move on.
Trust me, everyone knows which catch cans are yours, you cant miss the big fucking JLT on the can.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
stoparguingorillshootth.jpg

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, where were all the "stock air box" guys at the 5.0 shootout?:handjob:

You want to tell everyone the stock box is the best intake, but I didn't see 1 single stock box car win a shootout. Or even make it to the finals, ever.

Oh goody it's jaybirdfucker who has 0 engineering data behind his CAI and lies his ass off. I have asked many times to see your testing data that indicates:

1. Your CAI was tested in real world conditions prior to product release.
2. Airflow modeling that indicates proper MAF placement and tube size.

"The cute couple from Texas" spent their own money and time doing what you didn't do and the data we collected indicates:

1. Product design issue.
2. The advertised gains don't add up. More hype, no substance.

Said thread with test results:
http://www.modularfords.com/f259/cais-maf-signal-quality-185310/

There are ways to fix your defective product but you have rejected them. I still see new threads from community members complaining about issues with your CAI.

Please, this is a joke.

The only joke here is you.:crazy: Anytime you are confronted with concrete results you take your ball and go home or you start acting like jaybirdfucker. Reminds me of a flaming liberal who places blame on others and holds accountability for nothing.

I know 1 shop that has removed your product from their car because of your attitude. You are your own worst enemy.

Last edited:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Jay in post 38 you said your catch can was repositioned so that it does not touch the radiator hose. I must have gotten one of them because my catch can rests on the radiator hose, or at least it did before removing it from my car. Do you have a picture of how it looks in its proper positioning?

This is how they go out the door. Sometimes the hose can get twisted in shipping, but you just twist it to fit like this.
68232_468424832154_8218723_n.jpg

I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not worried one bit about S&H or On3's sales.
What I will do is make it clear they copy parts and sell them knowingly.
Then it's up the the consumer to decide what they want to buy.
A knock off made in China or the original supported by the maker.

Mr. D,
Again you miss my point and jump on our keyboard wasting so much of your time researching the net for ammo.
I never said I "invented" anything, I said I designed this oil separator.
There are many different styles out there and that was the discussion I had with Bobby and Chad from On3. MAKE IT YOUR OWN and be proud.
Nope, they decided to take the easy way and knock off a popular product.
Not cool, sorry if you disagree.
And as far as I'm concerned we do have "our" machine shop. It's not owned by JLT, but it is ours and they only make our products for us. We don't jump around, we found the best and that's who we use. So yes, we have our machine shop.

WTB, you failed to answer my questions.
If our product is flawed, why do so many people use it to win races? Why do so many shops use them on their NMRA cars and win? Why am I fixing tunes that are causing surge issue if it's the intake?
I have sent out numerous tunes to fix this when the product was blamed. That's exactly why your testing is false.
It's easily skewed.
You can post it every where and over and over like a child not getting his way, but you will still see JLT intakes on most cars at a car show and the local drags.
The first 5.0 shootout had all JLT's on the winners
The second 5.0 Shootout had all JLT's on the winners
And the third 5.0 shootout had all JLT's on the winners

That's not a coincidence, that's because people want to use what ever part will make them just that much faster then the next guy. Facts are facts.
Send me anyone with a tune issue and I can fix it, no problem.

Tuners don't tune anymore, they throw a tune in a customers car and blame the parts if there is a problem. That's sad!

Tuners call me all the time, "I need a transfer function" for this or that. Wait, isn't tuning a car mean making a transfer function and tuning the car for best power and drivability? Not anymore or at least from the many tuners on the market.

As far as gains, you spent days and months trying to prove our kit isn't worth 10 HP, LOL, 10 HP. That's a .10th or less in the 1/4 and impossible to prove or disprove, but nearly every time you went faster with the JLT.

It is a joke that you are still at it.

You spend so much time looking for JLT and AED threads to spew your negative BS, it's sad.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Jlt is the best. Nothing is better. No one will ever produce a better product. If a thing ever happens it must been copied. And now Jay is fixing everyone's tunes cs JLT is baddest at all. Can I get one these jlt tunes.

from the famous tapatalk.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Jlt is the best. Nothing is better. No one will ever produce a better product. If a thing ever happens it must been copied. And now Jay is fixing everyone's tunes cs JLT is baddest at all. Can I get one these jlt tunes.

You forgot to say that Jay invented the aluminum can and that he never copies anyone, but everyone copies him.

Remember this from MIB?

04sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Good reading here. Doesn't surprise me to see what has been going on in the industry for years. Looks like it will continue to go on as well. People will continue to copy others hard work and ideas.

Good thing we are allowed to make our own decisions on what we buy.

One thing is for certain, you will never make everyone 100% happy in this business.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. I've seen WBT all over the place trying to bash JLT, its pretty pathetic.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
WTB, you failed to answer my questions.
If our product is flawed, why do so many people use it to win races? Why do so many shops use them on their NMRA cars and win? Why am I fixing tunes that are causing surge issue if it's the intake?
I have sent out numerous tunes to fix this when the product was blamed. That's exactly why your testing is false.
It's easily skewed.
You can post it every where and over and over like a child not getting his way, but you will still see JLT intakes on most cars at a car show and the local drags.
The first 5.0 shootout had all JLT's on the winners
The second 5.0 Shootout had all JLT's on the winners
And the third 5.0 shootout had all JLT's on the winners

That's not a coincidence, that's because people want to use what ever part will make them just that much faster then the next guy. Facts are facts.
Send me anyone with a tune issue and I can fix it, no problem.

Tuners don't tune anymore, they throw a tune in a customers car and blame the parts if there is a problem. That's sad!

Tuners call me all the time, "I need a transfer function" for this or that. Wait, isn't tuning a car mean making a transfer function and tuning the car for best power and drivability? Not anymore or at least from the many tuners on the market.

As far as gains, you spent days and months trying to prove our kit isn't worth 10 HP, LOL, 10 HP. That's a .10th or less in the 1/4 and impossible to prove or disprove, but nearly every time you went faster with the JLT.

You spend so much time looking for JLT and AED threads to spew your negative BS, it's sad.

I have said it at least 5 times in other threads....you run around at these events giving product away for an endorsement. Pathetic way of marketing. Your product should perform to the point everyone wants to buy it....that isn't the case. You know it, I know it.

If your product is so good why can't I sell the 2, nearly brand new, brand J CAI's in my garage. I am asking $100 below the lowest retail price. Seems like a fair deal no? I have asked for my money back several times and you ignore me.

You product is flawed in design and you refuse to believe otherwise, damned be the facts. We have the data, you don't have shit. Correcting runs for DA, we saw a .06 difference in time vs. the stock intake. That 6 hundreths of difference falls well within the margin of error. Statistically speaking, your faulty product produced 0 gains on my car. Far from the advertised gains you boast about. Sounds like false marketing.

This isn't about AED, it's about your faulty products.

Finally, you didn't develop any MAF transfer functions for your flawed product. Someone else did. Because you have no engineering data to back the design of your product with, how do you expect to be able to properly develop a MAF transfer function? You don't know the slightest thing about tuning as is evident in your response.

My car doesn't run your flawed product and it is the quickest/fastest stock long block N/A 2011+ 5.0 auto in the country. Must be an anomaly.

Haters gonna hate. I've seen WBT all over the place trying to bash JLT, its pretty pathetic.

The difference between you and someone like myself is I spent my time and money to generate the data to support the facts posted. If you have done the same and achieved different results then lets see it.

What is pathetic and sad are folks like you who believe anything and everything they are told because you want to take everything at face value vs. facts that state otherwise. You should give yourself a slap on the ass for having such blind, steadfast beliefs. :thumb2:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
I have said it at least 5 times in other threads....you run around at these events giving product away for an endorsement. Pathetic way of marketing. Your product should perform to the point everyone wants to buy it....that isn't the case. You know it, I know it.
Hilarious to think we gave thousands of products away. We gave one for the first shootout and now wish we didn't. Even though he did set records using it

If your product is so good why can't I sell the 2, nearly brand new, brand J CAI's in my garage. I am asking $100 below the lowest retail price. Seems like a fair deal no? I have asked for my money back several times and you ignore me.
Why you can sell a product you bash? I don't know, but ask Lethal, Evo, BBR, A/M, CJ, LMR, and so on and so on how hard it is to sell new one, LOL

You product is flawed in design and you refuse to believe otherwise, damned be the facts. We have the data, you don't have shit. Correcting runs for DA, we saw a .06 difference in time vs. the stock intake. That 6 hundreths of difference falls well within the margin of error. Statistically speaking, your faulty product produced 0 gains on my car. Far from the advertised gains you boast about. Sounds like false marketing.
Not at all, sounds like proof to me. You can ALWAYS gain and call it "margin of error":crazy:
No, it's about you having no life and attacking every JLT and AED thread in existence, it's just sad.

Finally, you didn't develop any MAF transfer functions for your flawed product. Someone else did. Because you have no engineering data to back the design of your product with, how do you expect to be able to properly develop a MAF transfer function? You don't know the slightest thing about tuning as is evident in your response.
You have no idea in my abilities, but all JLT kits come with the same tune, the same tune I have sent to many customers who's tunes were bad. Tuners need to do their job and start TUNING

My car doesn't run your flawed product and it is the quickest/fastest stock long block N/A 2011+ 5.0 auto in the country. Must be an anomaly.

But wait, Intakes don't work, LOL You may not use mine, but the fact that you se one after your campaign about them not working is priceless.

The difference between you and someone like myself is I spent my time and money to generate the data to support the facts posted. If you have done the same and achieved different results then lets see it.
No, you spent time and money to try and prove intakes don't work and failed, failed to the point you use one. LOL

You have no idea, but hey, keep up the good work:thumb2: I think there's thread starting some where you should go bash me in...

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score

What is pathetic and sad are folks like you who believe anything and everything they are told because you want to take everything at face value vs. facts that state otherwise. You should give yourself a slap on the ass for having such blind, steadfast beliefs. :thumb2:

LOL, you're right. I'm not educated... Apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about, good job making blind assumptions.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
not to join sides but when data is done well the results don't lie! If there is a product out there that needs to be tuned around well to me and to scientific data proof is proof! there is and still should be engineering around an intake that just hasn't been provided when asked for it, when the data has come up and proved a faulty CAI! Or just intake because it doesn't connect to the cold air duct. If Jay you did any engineering on this and looked at it so many times and know the maf transfers are wrong or needs to be tuned around, than maybe you should or there should be another design meeting! Just because a racer uses it does not mean it's the best! In this world ar country we have people called followers, they buy what is in a magazine etc etc. But in the end Data provides proof, proof is a fact and can't be misconstrued.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lord help me, but I can't stop myself from commenting.

Giving product away to promote your stuff is a proven way to promote your product. Golf equipment manufacturers make everyone else look like pikers in that respect.

WBT, you are so vehement in going after JLT, I think people are afraid to buy the intakes from you. I remember when you listed, I thought good luck, I wonder how they have been damaged. You come across that strongly.

This is kinda the core of why you and kdanner have a beef with JLT. Just say you are 100% correct in your claims. You obviously believe them to be true, and nobody is going to convince you otherwise I would guess.

The problem is that you are judging it from the perspective of the true hard core racer, which make up, I bet, less than 1% of sales. This assumption does disreguard all the guys running it and winning races. JLT has to produce a product that meets many production constraints..i.e. looks, producibility, input costs, packaging, durability, etc.

The fact that you guys have no company, no employee's and produce nothing, and thus have no clue of the agony that goes into doing all that...it can be brutal guys...for the guys that do know, you don't come across well.

We talked about this before. Whatever he has, is proprietary.

I think this is awesome! You are obviously a dedicated drag racer that put the time and effort in to be the best.

It is one thing to say: I tried the JLT and went faster without it, I'll stick with the stock intake for drag racing.

It is quite another to say: I tried the JLT intake and went faster without it, NOBODY HAD BETTER DARE BUY IT AND RUN IT ON THEIR CAR.

Which, is how you sound guys. Your passion for the sport is undeniable and genuine, my opinion, your past the bounds of what would be considered a reasonable critique of anyones product.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
not to join sides but when data is done well the results don't lie! If there is a product out there that needs to be tuned around well to me and to scientific data proof is proof! there is and still should be engineering around an intake that just hasn't been provided when asked for it, when the data has come up and proved a faulty CAI! Or just intake because it doesn't connect to the cold air duct. If Jay you did any engineering on this and looked at it so many times and know the maf transfers are wrong or needs to be tuned around, than maybe you should or there should be another design meeting! Just because a racer uses it does not mean it's the best! In this world ar country we have people called followers, they buy what is in a magazine etc etc. But in the end Data provides proof, proof is a fact and can't be misconstrued.

I hear you, but I feel your stuck only hearing them.

Tuning "around" something isn't the case. Becasue Mr D, refuses to write a proper tune for a product does not mean the product is flawed.

Tuning is tuning and we have found that some tuners do not take the proper time to actually tune.
This is a common problem today as everybody and their brother are buying tuning software and "tuning" cars for money.
When they get in a jamb or can't figure something out they blame the part.

Just like tuning a blow through blower car. Wow, the MAF signal is a mess, but good tuners just tune it, they don't bitch and go after Vortech or Paxton on the boards.

Were talking about an intake.
A tube that flows air, just like all the rest.
It has a Filter a tube and a coupler.
It's roto molded just 99% of them out there.

The issue is the tube doesn't have a filter stop, so people put the filter on too far and it causes a surge. We have got the word out about this and it fixed nearly all the surging.
Those that still surged seemed to be coming from 1 vendor/tuner. I sent several tunes out to several customers and every single one fixed the surge.
I got with this tuner and they have found the issue in their tune and fixed it.
We were able to determan the tune was the cause in 100% of the cases.

So now we spread the word about filter placement, we make it clear in the directions and apply a filter stop to every kit that goes out the door.

So please don't tell me facts are facts, because the facts givin by these 2 are flawed. All they have to do is slide the filter on too far, datalog MAF signal and post it all over the net. When the signal is much better with the filter at the end where it belongs.

Also don't tell me I need to do more R&D and make changes to my design.
I do tons of testing, tons of research and makes changes when they are needed.
KD and WTB have it out for me for some reason and spend way too much time attacking me. So much time it's obvious and people are taking notice.

Like Weatherman said, to go on a full on DON"T BUY campaign just looks a little odd, especially when were talking about a $300 part that nets 10-15 HP.

Were not talking about a $5000 turbo kit that promises 200 hp here. We claim an additional 10-15 over a tune and we get it everytime.

I don't think people grasp the amount of kits we sell. The complaints you read are few and easily fixed and many times from the same person on several boards.

It's more than racers and shops, it's thousands and thousands of everyday people driving their cars everyday.

The point I'm making when I say more people use JLT's at the track is if they were as bad as WTB says, then why in the heck would anyone use them, let alone racers trying to go as fast as they can?

If they were as bad as he claims, no one would use them, but that's just not true or fact.

The facts are that in the first 5.0 shootout every winner and most (5 of 7) racers used a JLT
In the second 5.0 shootout all winners used a JLT and most other racers did as well.
Now, last month was the third 5.0 shootout and every winner used a JLT and I think all who made the semis did as well.

I'm the first to say that all intakes will make nearly the same power. None will out perform the other by any large margin.
It comes down to looks, cost and over all service from the company involved.

I think it's rediculous that KD and WTB have nothing better to do than warn the world about JLT products.

It's up to you to believe what they have to say or go by the hundreds of shops and vendors that use it.

Sorry for the long post
Jay

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
^ well spoken and a good response! Is there going to be any changes to the shield to flow air and use the stock CAI port like the roush/airaid/steeda etc in the future? Just my .02 but that would be the only thing I wish your kit had!

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
It is one thing to say: I tried the JLT and went faster without it, I'll stick with the stock intake for drag racing.

It is quite another to say: I tried the JLT intake and went faster without it, NOBODY HAD BETTER DARE BUY IT AND RUN IT ON THEIR CAR.

Which, is how you sound guys. Your passion for the sport is undeniable and genuine, my opinion, your past the bounds of what would be considered a reasonable critique of anyones product.

1. It isn't a product review. It was a comparison of various CAI's including stock for MAF signal quality. If you clicked into the linked thread and bothered to read, you would have known this.

2. Why would I sell a damaged product and claim it to be like new? You are going to have to do better than that.

3. Here are a few pics I took of a brand J CAI that I had to blend the casting flash on both ends of the tube. This was done to IMPROVE the quality of airflow in the tube. Poor quality is the only way to describe it:

IMG_20120215_180941.jpg

IMG_20120215_180914.jpg

IMG_20120215_180757.jpg

We saw none of these casting flaw issues with the other CAI's tested.

4. Filter on the end of the tube recommend.

If I recall correctly, this suggestion was brought to light due to our testing. Prior to, there were no instructions provided in the kits that stated to do so. I just reviewed the directions received in the kits I have and no mention about filter placement whatsoever.

"J" also claimed he ships metal fittings with all his CAI's.....
IMG_20120215_180626.jpg

Wrong....plastic is what came in both kits I received.

BTW - nice deflection of the topic from copied products to quality of product produced. Keep in mind that you don't see these same conversations about Airaid or Steeda for example. If there was a problem, I guarantee someone would be bringing them to light.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back