Air to water intercooler kits available

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know if someone besides JPC sells an air to water intercooler kit for a '08 Mustang GT, buit motor, running a d1sc at 18lbs boost currently? Thanks

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any "kit". It would be tough for a company to make a kit as there are so many different setups out there. Unless you have a PD blower or a Paxton/Vortech. Those are easy to buy an air/water setup for. However it is best to piece together the setup that works best for you and your goals. I'm just finishing pieceing together a setup for my car. Chiseled performance tank with inside pump and a no corner cut fabrication intercooler. Then you just need water lines and power for the pump. Unless you also want to install a heat exchanger. Just depends on what you want.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry by "kit" I ment an intercooler that would work with the ProCharger piping and tank with pump/wiring as that's what JPC offers. Even better is there a company that would be able to help piece together a setup?

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
You'll most likely have to get new piping made for whatever intercooler you get. There are quite a few companies that offer both intercoolers and water tanks. Paul from PNR welding could probably help you. He is on this page.

46addict

Reaction score
Are you having issues with inlet temps? I am looking to take the route you took and it would be nice to hear firsthand feedback.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, ait's around 190* at 4th gear in the qtr mile.

46addict

Reaction score
I've seen guys use a 4.5" thick (4 core?) A2A intercooler from Procharger with good results. I'm not sure if that would work for in your case. Trying to figure out what the magic formula is, if there is one.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
I contacked ProChrger and discussed their Racing intercooler (Dimensions - 27 x 12 x 4.5; Max Recommend HP - 1300) and they could not tell me what my drop in ait's would be. Not spending $1500 with little to no results.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Are you currently running any kind of intercooler? What about a Treadstone set up? A friend of mine was running one on a turboed 408 and it worked really well.

46addict

Reaction score
I had no idea they cost that much. CX Racing has a 31x12x4 made for our cars for $249 but you will need custom piping to make it work. For $200 in pipes and clamps and someone who can help with the fabbing, I'm sure it can be done. But if that ends up costing more than a A2W conversion, we're back to the drawing board.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Are you currently running any kind of intercooler? What about a Treadstone set up? A friend of mine was running one on a turboed 408 and it worked really well.

Yes I have the ProCharger intercooler that comes with the stage2 kit (rated to 650 hp)

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
send a pm to s&h performance to bobby or jeremy. I bet there intercooler is cheaper and would be as good or mat be better for u

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back