forum member
Reaction score
the P-61...the p-38's big brother

Northrop_P-61_green_airborne.jpg

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Zivko Edge 540. I love watching the Red Bull Air Races.

Red-Bull-Air-Racing-Image.jpg

My grandfather worked on the PBY Catalina during WWII...

PBY-Catalina-wallpaper.jpg

He learned to fly after the war and flew around in a Taylorcraft BC12D (wish I had a photo of the one he actually owned).

taylorcraft_photo_01.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
With the F-82 it was an attempt to build a long range night fighter for use during the Korean war.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
I don't see the benefit of attaching two planes together.. am I missing something here?

I think for the He111z it was to make it a suitable tow plane (for the Me321?), bear in mind that the Nazis didn't really do strategic bombers (all of their air-force was tactical in nature) so they didn't have the option of converting a big boy like the Allies did.

As an aside there was also an Me109z - why? I have no idea!!

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
The nazi's came up with some nutty shit. What else would you expect when you give resource to a bunch of crazy but intelligent psychopaths

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The Black Widow was always one of my favorites, I don't believe there are any left in airworthy condition. :(

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I think for the He111z it was to make it a suitable tow plane (for the Me321?), bear in mind that the Nazis didn't really do strategic bombers (all of their air-force was tactical in nature) so they didn't have the option of converting a big boy like the Allies did.

As an aside there was also an Me109z - why? I have no idea!!

The nazi's came up with some nutty shit. What else would you expect when you give resource to a bunch of crazy but intelligent psychopaths

By the time they figured out they needed a long distance heavy bomber they simply didn't have the resources to build one.

Bit of a lack of foresight there eh? They did build some amazing stuff though.

-Steve

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The F-104 Starfighter,

Not sure if this is real or not but cool regardless,

RichardSATX

Roush On!
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread!! So many memories. The UH1 was my thing. I haven't been able to fly in decades. Kidney stones grounded me. I still have them and cannot get my flight physical even if I wanted to fly again. I got to have some great flights in some old birds earlier in life. My dad got me some rides in some great jets while he was on active duty. My job at Gary Aircraft in Hondo Texas was incredible. They are now defunct but were the only free world manufacturer of radial engine parts for the old birds. I test ran them, taxied them, and was flight engineer for the test flights. I've changed the engines on most of the bombers that you see at the air shows while working for them back in the early 80's. And I'm rambling. Here are some pics that I've taken at air shows.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back