Alternator Bracket / Alternator Housing

99horsey

forum member
Reaction score
I'm returning my car to stock and need an alternator bracket for an 05-06 GT. Apparently Ford quit making them... I also need an alternator housing as mine has the ears cut off. I still need to research how hard it is to transfer the alternator itself to a new housing - may need to just find an alternator.

The bracket looks like this:

guide-95310-95320-cust-07.jpg

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Do you want a perfectly-good alternator or one that is still 'working' but barely so? I have one from my car that I replaced because it wasn't putting out enough voltage consistently (and causing the p0340 code over time), but it was charging the battery and running ok.
Has all the ears and stuff of course, and stock pulley.

99horsey

forum member
Reaction score
A barely working one would be ok if I can swap housings. I've been reading and it looks like at least one of the bearings is pressed into the housing, making swapping very difficult to swap. But if that's just the rear bearing, maybe the front of the housing (with the ears) is swapable? The other problem is I see the nearest junk yard has tested and warranteed alternators for $60. I don't want to beat you up on price (and shipping isn't cheap), so unless you want to just sell the front of the housing maybe I should stick to local for the alternator.

The bracket is another story. That I'm hoping to find here because I don't know where else to find one. I really wish I didn't throw mine away. It sat in the basement for about a year before I did... :headbashing:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I was going to offer to just swap alternators entirely ;) Each pay to ship to the other, and that's it.
As far as bracket, do you really need a stocker? Can you use two short small 2-holed brackets instead?

(sounds to me like you had a DOB setup and are reverting to stock. you could still get some little brackets made, or someone could make some for you for really cheap, if you can't finds a stock one. I think I have a bracket, but its for a '07+, if I even still have it.)

99horsey

forum member
Reaction score
I am returning to stock from DOB to sell. Since your alternator is sketchy, I think I'll pass but thanks for the offer! Mine is actually fine as is (I don't think the bracket is even needed structurally), but if someone looks at that area, they'll see no bracket where there's screw holes for one and the part of the alternator where the ears were shaved. I guess I'd rather them see that than fire it up and get a p0340 code. Actually, if I had the stock bracket, it wouldn't even have to be bolted to the alternator and no one would ever notice...

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I may have my bracket laying somewhere still. I'll check when I get home before I start swapping my cams over

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back