AM lost their mind and i gained big!!!

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by luillo, Nov 29, 2020.

1. luillo

luillo forum member

So American Muscle just did their black Friday sales and i caught it right on time to order full exhaust for the Shelby; overall savings of about $2K.

Look at this beauties from Stainless Works going on the GT500 next year.

[​IMG]

2. golkhl

golkhl forum member

Your car is going to sound amazing!

3. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

chambered mufflers. I didn't know they did those, thanks. Want to build a 3" system someday. I can't tell and the site doesn't say, this is 3", correct?

try to remember to post up some sound clips, I want to know if it is just stupid loud or ok!

4. jewc75

jewc75 forum member

Had this exhaust on my 5.0, catless with longtubes and it was stupid loud.

eighty6gt likes this.
  5. luillo

luillo forum member

I had ARH 1-3/4 with the Stainless Works cat back retro chambered like this one in my 2011 5.0 and it was sweet. Very docile at low revs but snappy loud if punched and after 3K rpms.

Cant wait to see what this setup will do on a 5.8 Shelby. I'm taking my time too getting everything ceramic coated and built all at once.

Phase 1 > Rear end beefed up with: 4.10, moser axels, trutrac, powder coated black and all the miscellaneous. The exhaust ceramic jet hot all the way to the X-pipe and then Cerakote the cat back locally. Waiting on the X.B.A inlet i found to buy the KB 168mm mono and JLT super big CAI 148. After that i will finish the suspension and get a goo set of F14 drag wheels.

Phase 2 > of this built is Modular head shop or JPC Heads stage 2 with JPC RGR stage 2 cams. and go up for Fischer Motorsport water bypass mod unless Department of Boost maybe finally release their Absolute Zero Intake.

jewc75 likes this.
  6. jewc75

jewc75 forum member

Im looking for a low mileage 13-14 GT500 now. I will have Modular Head shop do the heads, Todd Warren custom cams, and 1320junkie ported head unit. Im not looking for a drag car with it, just want a fun cruiser and something i can blast down backroads with. You should start a build thread, id like to follow along.

7. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

"Off road" emissions parts are drying up. Setup looks nice.

8. Grabber Blue 5.0

Grabber Blue 5.0 forum member

That's why I bought a 50 year old Mopar. No cats from the factory.

9. Iceman62

Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

Wow...nice score! Might need to hear an audio clip of that set-up, when finished.

10. luillo

luillo forum member

here is a clip i made for that.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Iceman62 and hammeron like this.
  11. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

Very quiet, is it nuts under throttle?

12. luillo

luillo forum member

Not really, it is overall very quiet. The cat back only gave the car a better tone and a little more rumble around 2K rpm. I am sure the way it sounds that once the catalytic converters are gone it will be very loud.

13. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

Ahhh, still have cats

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.